Thread: 3-29-2009 Sunday long cruise *DAYTIME*, Glenrose, Dublin

Default 3-29-2009 Sunday long cruise *DAYTIME*, Glenrose, Dublin

sorry for posting this late. i meant to have this posted sooner but i moved and had to switch internet and lots of problems. any and all who wish to attend are more than welcome.

So I've come up with a cruise we'll be taking leaving in the morning and doing a day long cruise. There will be stopping points. I have it mapped out already and it comes to about 240 miles and will take most of a Sunday

We will be heading down some small back highways and going to Glenrose and having lunch at Hammond's BBQ. It is supposedly some excellent bbq although I have not had it myself yet. After lunch we will be trekking over to Dublin to load up on Dublin Dr. Pepper. Then we will head back to the metroplex.

I plan on leaving the metroplex at 10:00a.m. on SUNDAY 3-29-09 Meeting place will be 1701 Airport Frwy, Bedford, TX 76021(in front of Bloomtown Florist, the shopping center just after the Harley Davidson dealer on the north side between Central and Forest Ridge. exit central and head west on service road.)

this will be a laid back slower cruise for the most part. just enjoy, relax, and check out some scenery showcasing some fine Modified automobiles.(stock cars are welcome as well as family)

I have no other planned stops(will stop if someone breaks, emergency, etc.). I don't really know what else is interesting out that way. Please gas up before you arrive, use the restroom etc... We will be stopping at Hammonds BBQ and Old Doc's Soda Shop shortly after bbq.
    www.hammondsbbq.com
    www.olddocs.com

The planned route is 121 South to I-35W southbound to 174 South, west on 67 to Hammonds.

Then

67 West to 220 south to Hico, then 281/6 west to Dublin.

Then 6 west, to 16 north, to 20 east back to the metro

Ill be showing up at the meet spot at about 9:20 A.M. and we will be LEAVING at 10:00 A.M.
    Last edited by specevil; 03-25-2009 at 11:21 PM.

the list so far mostly from dallasimports.net, but a few non internet people

1.specevil-1972 datsun 510(if deemed road worthy)
    2.300zxpwns-02 wrx
    3.1qwklex- 700hp is300
    4.barry brown-300zx i believe
    5.mrr0b0t0(cammed/bolton cavalier)
    6.bass s2k
    7.chad civic coupe
    8.kris 240
    9.dusty- turbo miata.
    10.kyle- fast mr2 (pro tuning performance)
    11.badasS13
    12.bfd-fast civic or fast ITR
    13.biggie
    14.jason- crossfire
    15.stockimpreza

Blog Entries

Just a suggestion but a great stop along that route is to take 67 west out of Glenrose then turn south on Texas 220 to Hico. Historic old downtown, then take US 281 N to Highway 6 to Dublin. Or cut down US 281 S to 1744 W to Carlton then 2823/1702 to Dublin if you like scenery instead of highway drone.. The FM roads in the area can be a lot of fun and won't add much time to your route.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

ill add that in there. thanks

Suspension Modder

I think they're only open 11-3 on Sundays...you guys better get there early.

Interesting, do you have an actual map with the plotted route to share?
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Yes, Hammonds is 11-3 on sunday(my boss is the owners sister).

I have it mapped out on yahoo maps, but I dont know how to save the map. Here's a link to it if that works.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=32....&gid6=18847800

it worked. I'd join but I'll be too tired from the saturday event.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Not positive but I'll try to join...

i hope to see some miatas out. i still long for another miata quite a bit....