Thread: Buying New Acura

Default Buying New Acura

Anyone has connection to get a good deal on a new Acura? I have a co-worker wants to get a new TSX or TL this week. She is single and need help to get a good honest deal. She is ready to buy.

Thanks,
    Gabriel

Is she hot?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Driver

My buddy worked a good deal at the Acura dealer in Plano on a not ugly TL (meaning last years model). He did have to work pretty hard for it though.

She is a belly dancer! Seriously though. Is this not a buyer's market?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Is this not a buyer's market?
    Absolutely. They should offer her a price under their invoice price (when rebates and dealer hold-backs are considered), and give her an all-day Spa Treatment.

Seriously, assuming she's not a top negotiator, tell her to hit the internet:
    • Go to the Acura website and spec out the car she wants.
    • Look on that site for local dealers, and eMail them with the exact car she wants... the one she just built on the Acura website.
    • Contact those local dealers via eMail and ask for their lowest price. Explain that she's "serious", but looking at a range of cars (even if she isn't), and is looking for the best deal.
    She won't be able to stop the eMails coming! I'm still getting deal offers from Goodson Acura, Crest Infiniti, and a couple of Mazda dealerships a year after I bought my Porsche. But this way she doesn't have to work face-to-face with a Salesperson who is trained in the art of deception .
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Like they said, when I went to get my RSX, I emailed a few dealerships. Ultimately I ended up buying it from the Plano Acura dealer for well under sticker. The email commincation saved me a lot of hassle trying to negotiate later. Literally, all it was about 3 or 4 emails between myself and their internet sales guy and about 15 minutes at the dealership before we were settled on the price.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

The new bird beak look of Acura was conceived by this man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Like they said, when I went to get my RSX, I emailed a few dealerships. Ultimately I ended up buying it from the Plano Acura dealer for well under sticker. The email commincation saved me a lot of hassle trying to negotiate later. Literally, all it was about 3 or 4 emails between myself and their internet sales guy and about 15 minutes at the dealership before we were settled on the price.
    When we bought the wifes Toy, she had the price negotiated before we ever stepped foot at the dealership.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    When we bought the wifes Toy, she had the price negotiated before we ever stepped foot at the dealership.
    That's how I bought my wife's Honda too. Zero phone calls.

I bought my RX-8 by surfing Mazda USA's website, finding several cars configured to what I wanted then calling about 15 dealers. Hung up on most of them and ended up with a couple viable options. Ended up getting 10K off in San Antonio.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    We were settled when I walked in, but then I gave them my CarPerks discount certificate and they took off another $1200
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP