Thread: Photo radar shooting in AZ

Default Photo radar shooting in AZ

Glad I haven't gotten any photo radar tickets in Phoenix lately, cause I'm guessing everyone that has is now a suspect. Hey, didn't trickyrix just get back from a trip out west?

http://www.kpho.com/news/19235850/detail.html

It wasn't me, I swear!

Here's a companion article with the BIG DUH headline:

Co-Worker: Suspect Didn't Like Photo Radar

Ya think?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Sucks a guy died, there's no excuse for that behavior. The guy should've just spray painted all the windows or camera and left it at that.

What does it take for Big Brother to get the idea we don't want this stuff in America?

Chris

91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Sucks a guy died, there's no excuse for that behavior. The guy should've just spray painted all the windows or camera and left it at that.

What does it take for Big Brother to get the idea we don't want this stuff in America?

Chris
    Hmmm, so whats your last name Chris? or just an address will do.

Signed: Big Brother aka. Uncle Sam
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Its not the feds doing it. Its local municipalities who are trying to cover budget shortages with a new revenue stream.

PHOENIX -- The man accused of shooting and killing the operator of a photo radar van in Phoenix has backed out of an interview with the media.
    Thomas Patrick Destories, 68, is being held on a $2 million bond in the Maricopa County jail on a first-degree murder charge.
    He announced Wednesday morning he would talk with reporters at 1 p.m. The briefing was canceled.

Authorities allege that he shot and killed Doug Georgianni, 51, as he operated a state photo-radar van on Sunday night.

When Destories was arrested on Monday he apologized to police and told them he never meant to hurt anyone, according to paperwork from his initial court appearance.

He's being held in Maricopa County jail on a $2 million bond and is scheduled for his next court appearance on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    Hmmm, so whats your last name Chris? or just an address will do.

Signed: Big Brother aka. Uncle Sam
    LoL, Uncle Sam has my contact info.

Chris

91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I passed three or four of these when I drove through arizona on the way to Buttonwillow Raceway for the Time attack last month. They are pretty easy to spot and they didn't set off my valentine one until I was pretty close to them. Luckily, I was pulling a trailer with a race car on it, so I was under the speed limit anyways.

Speed limit in new mexico and arizona is 75mph on the interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Speed limit in new mexico and arizona is 75mph on the interstate.
    Unless you're in the city limits of Puh-hoe-nix... then the limit is 60.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

these things, in all their verieties, are total bullshit.