Thread: Stripes?

Default Stripes?

Ok... thinking of going all Shelby on my car.

Anyone got recommendations on places to install some vinyl stripes?

Any idea of what I can expect to pay? Thinking of anywhere from 8"-10" wide silver with a 1"-2" gap.

As an interested party in Team Cheap Bastard, help a fellow CB out!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Don't know about cheap bastard... but...

You can't go wrong with Larry Everitt at ProTape Signs & Graphics in Carrollton

He's done several Miatas (including mine) this year. Expect around $250 for a full length stripe, less if you stop at the tops of the bumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I would imagine stripes are a bit tougher on the NA's due to that damned body crease.
    That's the rumor...

Larry did my car... 1 8" stripe with a 1" gap and two 1 1/2" stripes down along side it.

Love the way it looks... Gunmetal grey goes great with the Splash Green Mica on my 03.

Price was a little over 4 & a quarter... because I used up more material and also had it wrapped from under the front to under the rear of the car... and around the wing.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Here is a site that tells you how to do it yourself that is if you are a charter member TCB.http://www.eunos.com/keith/stripes/how-to.html

Personally, I'd buy the vinyl and stripe it myself. I've helped lugnutjon stripe a couple of his past bitchin' Camaros, and it isn't hard. You just have to be patient. That, and invest in a heat gun.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

...and a good squeege. I'm going to assume that placing stripes is similiar to placing vinyl decals... use alot of soapy water?
    Give the man a cookie.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ...and a good squeege. I'm going to assume that placing stripes is similiar to placing vinyl decals... use alot of soapy water?
    Give the man a cookie.
    Me a cookie! And I didn't make the Dean's list!

Congrats again, Altiain, I made the Dean's This Guy Really Shouldn't Be Here Anymore List.

Okay,

Got a heat gun from Harbor Frieght. Just need the high-performance vinyl and a good squeege. Where would I buy it? Cost?

Who has the know how and wants to help after the holidays?

Iain?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Try Afterthoughts Auto or email Jon W. at leadfootjon at yaaahoooooo dot com. Afterthoughts Auto sells a lot of vinyl, and can probably get you what you want at a good price. Jon's sister is the owner.
    Iain