Thread: New seats are in

Default New seats are in

Thanks to Gary, I finally was able to replace my crappy torn leather seats with a set of black cloth seats in great condition.

Before...

After...

I did the bottom and back Foamectomy on the drivers side and WOW so much more comfortable and sporty, and I can almost heel-toe with the extra legroom...still have to hunch over to see stoplights though. I'll do the passenger seat when I have more time.

I wanted to get rid of the carpet originally, but with the black seats I actually think the tan carpet looks good. I'll keep it for now.

About halfway through the project I realized the seats were from a pre '93 miata with the old position seatbelt receiver mounted on the tranny tunnel. I rigged it so it works, but it's hard to reach the receivers. I need a set of '93 seatbelts...in black to match the seats since I need the receivers, and my tan belts are ugly as hell.

Are both parts of the seatbelt swappable between '93 and '94 cars, the belt and receiver? Any improvements in the belt from '94 that would make it not a wise choice to swap the whole mechanism out of a 93? I just need the '93 receiver, but I might save some $$ if I swapped the whole belt system at the same time instead of getting black belts from a '94 separately.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 04-26-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution