Thread: Scattershots: totally random BS

Default Scattershots: totally random BS

Here are some random Miata scattershots:

1) took the hardtop off this weekend: God the roadster is a pleasure. The hardtop is great too in winter, with much better visibility (nobody ever seems to mention that) and a completely different look.

2) Bought and received the Voodoo spun aluminum shift knob as suggested by Sammm... Thanks Sammm - a worthy upgrade for my car. I hate bling-bling and will probably stop after this one piece.

3) I converted 2 Miata bashers this weekend. I let one guy (H2 driver) drive the Miata, and it was funny to see how impressed he came back. Another friend came to check mine out and is in the market for a nice NA Miata, so if anyone knows of one, let me know. Another friend sold his Z06 and wants to get a Spec Miata to race. He put over 3000 miles on his Z06 at the tracks (mostly MSR). The real hardcore racers respect the Miata quite a bit.

4) I've never driven a 1.8 Miata, but I sure love the way my 1.6 runs. I need to see what one of those feels like. I can see myself picking up another Miata down the road.

Long live spring!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Re: Scattershots: totally random BS

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    2) Bought and received the Voodoo spun aluminum shift knob as suggested by Sammm... Thanks Sammm - a worthy upgrade for my car. I hate bling-bling and will probably stop after this one piece.
    The Voodoo is not bling-bling! It's a performance addition!
    Enjoy!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    Enjoy!
    What is the weight compared to the OEM knob?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

A couple of years ago, I took my wife to some fancy-schmancy restaurant with (unfortunatly) valet parking. Anyway, we had the valet boys get our car after dinner, and the dude jumped out all impressed. He asked me if I had modified the car, saying "I've never driven a Miata that felt so good". Well, at the time, the only "modifications" I had in the car was blanking plates instead of the sunvisors, and my sporty smooth black Voodo shift knob.

So you see? That Voodoo must add something very tangible to the performance of any Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Enjoy!
    Yes it is. But I still like mine.

Iain
    Pearl Magnum Voodoo owner
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Let me add a bit on the Voodoo shift knob:

The normal shifter knob feels cheap and like plastic, but it is much heavier than it looks. I believe the Voodoo is about the same weight. Mine is spun aluminum color, and they come in other colors; I believe there is a dark color which could look great. The spun aluminum matches my silver Miata well.

The car is definately faster with it, and feels better.

It is very tasteful, and by itself, is not to be confused with bling-bling.

I have nothing in my car worth stealing other than the shift knob.

I installed this shifter with no assistance other than rhino ramps, rubber gloves, vise grips, and gorilla glue. Oh yeah, mirrors, flourescent lanterns, paper towels, and a shiner bock.

I love my VooDoo except in the dead of winter. (Brrrr....) and the heat of summer. (Ow.. ow.. ow!)

I need a knob glove. (That sounds bad...)
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    I love my VooDoo except in the dead of winter. (Brrrr....) I need a knob glove. (That sounds bad...)
    It is cold on cold mornings (my car sleeps outside). I keep a pair of warm gloves in the car at all times!