Thread: U.S. defense chief lauds soldier in pink boxers

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default U.S. defense chief lauds soldier in pink boxers

Ft. Worth kid doing his job in his boxers!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090522/...tan_gates_pink

Why does he have civilian clothes in a war zone? When I went to Iraq, I wasn't allowed to bring civies.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Achmed!

Yes, your assholiness?

Bring me my brown pants!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I saw his Mom on TV the day after this hit front page. She was most releived to know her baby still had his sense of humor
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

That guy looks like he went to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and he's all out of bubblegum. Hell yea!!
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Why does he have civilian clothes in a war zone? When I went to Iraq, I wasn't allowed to bring civies.
    I dunno if when you went if they had R&R. Some guys (like this guy) didn't go home for R&R and to fly out of Kuwait you have to be in civies for opsec. I don't know about Afghanistan.

That being said, I don't know about you, but I never slept in aafes issue brown specials.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    I dunno if when you went if they had R&R. Some guys (like this guy) didn't go home for R&R and to fly out of Kuwait you have to be in civies for opsec. I don't know about Afghanistan.

That being said, I don't know about you, but I never slept in aafes issue brown specials.

Chris
    I was there when they first decided to do R&R in Iraq. It was soo nice...single soldiers got to goto the Green Zone for 2 days, and married people got to go home for 2 wks. They tried to let us goto Qatar, but the units weren't able to keep up their minimum manning requirements, so they axed that after a few weeks. The Army really pissed me off for how they catered to the married soldiers. It was one of the main reasons I told them they could suck a big fat one when they wanted me to reup, and when they asked me to stay on till the end of our deployment (5 months past my ETS date) for a fucking lowly $2k. They promised I would be on the first plane back home, which I knew was even more BS. OK, end rant.

As far as non-issue undies, we were required to have solid black or solid white if not using the brown ones. We were required to be in PTs while sleeping, and full BDUs when not in our bunk. I was there at the beginning, so I am sure they started being more lax as the years went on.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).