Thread: heeltoeing pedals for autoX

Default heeltoeing pedals for autoX

Im having a very difficult time heel toeing due to being 6'2" w/ size 13 shoes. My friend has these pedals on his RSX that he uses for autoX/TT, he says they make heel toeing much easier because the brake pedal is bigger & the gas pedal has that wing on the side.

http://www.imotorgear.com/product.as...d=21020000P008
    http://www.imotorgear.com/product.as...d=21020000P007

I also stumbled across these pedals yesterday, theyre cheaper & look cooler, but more importanly, look a little more functional.
    http://www.sparcousa.com/ptuning_pedals.asp?id=564

What are you guys oppinion on these, has anyone used anything like this on a miata, particularly someone around the same size as me?? Im thinking about buying them, as a good cheap, non ricer pedal set for autoX.

I searched aroun here & on the Miata board, but didnt find anything regarding these.

Thanks guys.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I just bent the gas pedal over until it was where I wanted it. TCB approved mod.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    I just bent the gas pedal over until it was where I wanted it. TCB approved mod.
    Yep, that's what I would suggest.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I have rx7 pedals from one of the miata.net vendors. They work well, and look good too.

i cant use those pedals, because i press the brake and the side of my foot catches the backside of the gas getting stuck, or pushes the gas too much... stupid wide feet... then hen i do ty to heeltpo, i get my knees up into the bottom of the dash and stuck... stupid long legs and inexperience...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    ... stupid long legs and inexperience...
    I'd get them shortened and get more seat time.

i thougt about it but i dont think they coud reatach my feet very well
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I have kinda the same problem, my foot gets caught under the clutch petal when I rest it on the far left foot rest. I am thinking about just taking it out
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I have kinda the same problem, my foot gets caught under the clutch petal when I rest it on the far left foot rest. I am thinking about just taking it out
    leadfootjon took out his dead pedal. He claims to love it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    leadfootjon took out his dead pedal. He claims to love it.
    I took it out and after one autox without it I quickly returned it to it's previous home... I remember I kept kicking down on the floor board looking for somewhere to jam my foot after I changed to 2nd gear.

I think I will take it out just for daily driving then cause it does get in my way a lot and I only wear a size 11.

on another note got the car sideways yesterday guess I really need those damn tires quick lol, however it was fun
    99 Miata Black