Thread: FS: 1994 Miata FMII Turbo, $9000

Default FS: 1994 Miata FMII Turbo, $9000

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/1210471419.html
    http://public.fotki.com/doppelbock/m...994mazdamiata/

I bought this car for $4700 with 82k miles on it in early 2005. It’s now four years and only 6,000 miles later (it has 88,696miles on the odo right now). I haven’t driven it much in the past year since I moved to a new house. The drive to work is all highways, now, and the highway is not where this car begs to be driven.

Although the car has been a lot of fun, I need to make room in the garage (and the wallet) for a car for my new wife. Unfortunately the wife’s not interested in the little Miata. I guess it’s her loss.

In March of ’05 I purchased and installed a Flyin’ Miata FMII turbo kit (among other things, details and $9217 tab listed below). This system more than doubles the power output of the 1.8L engine. We’re talking over 220 rear wheel horse-power in a little 2300lb Miata! It is a total blast to drive; a major kick-in-the-butt. First gear is now pretty much useless: say goodbye to your rear tires!!!

In addition to the turbo kit I also installed a high-capacity aluminum radiator to keep things cool. And I replaced the sway bars, springs and shocks. This lowered the car and really tightened up the suspension. The car is on rails, now.

The car is in really great shape for a 15 year old car, but there are a few flaws that I should point out. There is a small dent on the driver’s side front quarter panel (you can see this in the pictures linked to above). The rear bumper has three vertical scratches that are pretty deep and go through the paint and into the plastic material below. Some touch-up paint will go a long way to covering these up.

Brakes have a lot of life left in them. I replaced the rear pads shortly after I got the car. Tires? It needs new ones. There isn’t a lot of tread left on any of the tires.

Stock specifications:
    Cloth seats, power windows and mirrors, A/C (works well and blows cold air), Torsen limited slip differential (a must-have for a turbo car), 5-speed manual transmission, 14” aluminum wheels, Laguna Blue paint, driver and passenger airbags, side-impact beams, floor mats.

The Laguna Blue paint is pretty rare. Of the 20,000 Miatas made in 1994, only 1788 were Laguna blue. In 1995 they made only 440 in Laguna blue. 1994 and 1995 were the only two years for this color.

After-market goodies:
    -Nakamichi CD-400 stereo system with AUX input for your iPod (or other MP3 player of choice).
    -Soundstream D100II, 2-channel, 100W amplifier. This really wakes up the stereo system and allows you to hear the music when you’re cruising with the top down.

All the items below purchased through Flyin’ Miata for over $9,000.
    http://www.flyinmiata.com/
    -Flyin’ Miata FM2 turbo kit: Exhaust manifold, heat shield, downpipe, intake tubes, turbocharger, intercooler, airfilter, bypass valve, boost gage with pillar mount, Link ECU with keypad, boost control solenoid, knock sensor, 550cc fuel injectors, lots of other bits and pieces.
    -New shift boots, thermostat, fuel filter, sparkplugs and wires, timing belt, camshaft seal and valve cover gasket.
    -AEM wideband O2 sensor kit: allows very accurate measurement of your air/fuel ratio from very rich to very lean.
    -Serial link interface and cable: connect your laptop to the ECU and log all important engine data as you drive.
    -Flyin’ Miata Stage 3 suspension kit: front and rear sway bars, front strut tower brace, stiffer springs at all four corners and KYB-AGX adjustable shocks.
    -Flyin’ Miata Clutch/flywheel happy meal that includes an FM Level 2 clutch, lightweight flywheel, clutch switch override, pilot and release bearings.
    -Flyin’ Miata FM Single Turbo M1 stainless cat-back exhaust.
    -Flyin’ Miata Aluminum M1 race radiator.
    -Hard Dog roll bar.

The numbers:
    $4700. Paid for car
    $9217. Paid for all Flyin’ Miata stuff.
    ????. Stereo and amp (and I also put new speakers in the doors).

Total $$ over $14,000!!!

If you're in the DFW area you should bring it out to the Wednesday Night Meet and show it off. That's a pretty sweet-looking Laguna... mmmmmmm.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

A boosted Laguna?? I sooo wish I had the liquidity to pick this one up! Good luck with the sale!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    A boosted Laguna?? I sooo wish I had the liquidity to pick this one up! Good luck with the sale!
    Me too, but mine gets the job done, so I guess I'll just have to hold on to it.
    Oh how I lust for a Laguna...
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Wow...

This is exactly the car I am about to build!
    :)

I assume you sold it by now?

Ciao--Martin

Quote Originally Posted by doppelbock View Post
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/1210471419.html
    http://public.fotki.com/doppelbock/m...994mazdamiata/

I bought this car for $4700 with 82k miles on it in early 2005. It’s now four years and only 6,000 miles later (it has 88,696miles on the odo right now). I haven’t driven it much in the past year since I moved to a new house. The drive to work is all highways, now, and the highway is not where this car begs to be driven.

Although the car has been a lot of fun, I need to make room in the garage (and the wallet) for a car for my new wife. Unfortunately the wife’s not interested in the little Miata. I guess it’s her loss.

In March of ’05 I purchased and installed a Flyin’ Miata FMII turbo kit (among other things, details and $9217 tab listed below). This system more than doubles the power output of the 1.8L engine. We’re talking over 220 rear wheel horse-power in a little 2300lb Miata! It is a total blast to drive; a major kick-in-the-butt. First gear is now pretty much useless: say goodbye to your rear tires!!!

In addition to the turbo kit I also installed a high-capacity aluminum radiator to keep things cool. And I replaced the sway bars, springs and shocks. This lowered the car and really tightened up the suspension. The car is on rails, now.

The car is in really great shape for a 15 year old car, but there are a few flaws that I should point out. There is a small dent on the driver’s side front quarter panel (you can see this in the pictures linked to above). The rear bumper has three vertical scratches that are pretty deep and go through the paint and into the plastic material below. Some touch-up paint will go a long way to covering these up.

Brakes have a lot of life left in them. I replaced the rear pads shortly after I got the car. Tires? It needs new ones. There isn’t a lot of tread left on any of the tires.

Stock specifications:
    Cloth seats, power windows and mirrors, A/C (works well and blows cold air), Torsen limited slip differential (a must-have for a turbo car), 5-speed manual transmission, 14” aluminum wheels, Laguna Blue paint, driver and passenger airbags, side-impact beams, floor mats.

The Laguna Blue paint is pretty rare. Of the 20,000 Miatas made in 1994, only 1788 were Laguna blue. In 1995 they made only 440 in Laguna blue. 1994 and 1995 were the only two years for this color.

After-market goodies:
    -Nakamichi CD-400 stereo system with AUX input for your iPod (or other MP3 player of choice).
    -Soundstream D100II, 2-channel, 100W amplifier. This really wakes up the stereo system and allows you to hear the music when you’re cruising with the top down.

All the items below purchased through Flyin’ Miata for over $9,000.
    http://www.flyinmiata.com/
    -Flyin’ Miata FM2 turbo kit: Exhaust manifold, heat shield, downpipe, intake tubes, turbocharger, intercooler, airfilter, bypass valve, boost gage with pillar mount, Link ECU with keypad, boost control solenoid, knock sensor, 550cc fuel injectors, lots of other bits and pieces.
    -New shift boots, thermostat, fuel filter, sparkplugs and wires, timing belt, camshaft seal and valve cover gasket.
    -AEM wideband O2 sensor kit: allows very accurate measurement of your air/fuel ratio from very rich to very lean.
    -Serial link interface and cable: connect your laptop to the ECU and log all important engine data as you drive.
    -Flyin’ Miata Stage 3 suspension kit: front and rear sway bars, front strut tower brace, stiffer springs at all four corners and KYB-AGX adjustable shocks.
    -Flyin’ Miata Clutch/flywheel happy meal that includes an FM Level 2 clutch, lightweight flywheel, clutch switch override, pilot and release bearings.
    -Flyin’ Miata FM Single Turbo M1 stainless cat-back exhaust.
    -Flyin’ Miata Aluminum M1 race radiator.
    -Hard Dog roll bar.

The numbers:
    $4700. Paid for car
    $9217. Paid for all Flyin’ Miata stuff.
    ????. Stereo and amp (and I also put new speakers in the doors).

Total $$ over $14,000!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    Wow...

This is exactly the car I am about to build!
    :)

I assume you sold it by now?

Ciao--Martin
    Has not sold, yet. I'm not exactly trying real hard to sell, though.