Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advise on plano red light tickets

Default advise on plano red light tickets

So... I have managed to get myself 2 red light tickets for not coming to a complete stop when making a right hand turn.

Since I do not know if I will be staying in the Dallas area permanently yet is it worth skipping out on the tickets or will they turn it over to collections?

Collections would be a warrant for your arrest if you don't do anything about it.

You might be able to go to court and argue your way out of it.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

get defensive driving if you can. ticket it wiped and you can send the prof of talking the class to your insurance and get a discount.

Don't know how it works here, but in Lubbock, it wasn't a ticket. It was a civil matter and the city "sued" you for the $75 dollar fine. (the short version) There wasn't really any consequence for not paying. The Lubbock system was kind of goofy though. The city ended up removing the cameras because the public made a big stink about it, and because they were losing money too.

EDIT: http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories...47128772.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Lubbock newspaper
    The cameras took a picture of a vehicle's rear license plate as a car ran a red light. The owner of the vehicle was then mailed a $75 fine, a civil penalty that didn't reflect on a driver's record or insurance.

The city had collected about 70 percent of the fines from thousands of tickets issued last year, but it admitted it had no teeth in its ability to enforce collections.
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 06-15-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Found the article
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Just got one myself in Coppell. Viewed the video, and I don't think I have much of a case. A $75 check will take care of it...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I feel your pain. I beat up a couple of grannies, and I think it will be simpler to just move to another town.

If you ran the lights, be a man. Pay the ticket and try to remember the red light means stop.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I think you should just skip payment since you will be leaving town.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I think you should just skip payment since you will be leaving town.
    +1! And if we are wrong think of the fun you'll have when they arrest you stuff ya in the back of a cop car and you become some angry cops bitch!

Good Times Good Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    get defensive driving if you can. ticket it wiped and you can send the prof of talking the class to your insurance and get a discount.
    Red light camera ticket isn't technically a moving violation. It is a civil fine. You can't take DD to get out of it, but on the plus side it doesn't have any effect on your insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    If you ran the lights, be a man. Pay the ticket and try to remember the red light means stop.
    +1
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Or you could try this and run a few more red lights for fun!
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthrea...ghlight=plates

Just for grins, I'd try SPV 360 for my fake plate.
    Last edited by cam76034; 06-15-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    Insurance companies are stopping this discount (at lest the ones I know)!
    Gabriel

How do you think they'd react if you took a picture of a check and just mailed that in?

Red Light Cameras are the Devil (after Toll Roads, California, and Vallet Parking).

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    How do you think they'd react if you took a picture of a check and just mailed that in?

Red Light Cameras are the Devil (after Toll Roads, California, and Vallet Parking).

Chris

Or you could try this
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Dont pay.
    Tell them you will set the building on fire.
    99 Miata Black

Any competent lawyer will be able to get you out of it. My ex-wife has had two redlight tickets in Fort Worth. Both of our names are still on the car and the tickets come to my address. Both times there was no picture of the driver at all. The court has no way to prove who was driving the car in either picture they ever took. All it showed was the car committing the violation and then a pic of the license plate.

Get a lawyer or pay the ticket which ever you think is going to be easiest for you
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

i am getting the feeling it is going to be less of a headache to just pay the damn thing but thats no fun :3

I am going to look into what else I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    Any competent lawyer will be able to get you out of it. My ex-wife has had two redlight tickets in Fort Worth. Both of our names are still on the car and the tickets come to my address. Both times there was no picture of the driver at all. The court has no way to prove who was driving the car in either picture they ever took. All it showed was the car committing the violation and then a pic of the license plate.

Get a lawyer or pay the ticket which ever you think is going to be easiest for you
    +1. It would be foolish and reckless to pay $150 to cover the tickets. Please support your local attorney.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

The govt. will just continue to use these damn things as an easy way to generate revenue as long as we continue to take the easiest path and just pay the ticket. They count on our apathy to line the coffers.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    The govt. will just continue to use these damn things as an easy way to generate revenue as long as we continue to take the easiest path and just pay the ticket. They count on our apathy to line the coffers.
    I'm not arguing. Support your local attorney. They keep me off the mac & cheese...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast