Thread: Steering Wheels

Default Steering Wheels

I'm looking for a steering wheel and I think its insane what Momo, Sparco and others charge for their wheels. What do you all think of this one?

Be careful... The saying "You get what you pay for" often seems to apply to new car parts on E-Bay.

Nope, too dangerous.....No airbag,
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Looks OK to me, but you'll never know until you see it in person.

As for airbags... nothing like gov't mandated explosives pointed at you, don'tcha think?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I picked mine up over at Bobby Archers'...

You should've bought the wireless version.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Oh, yeah. Let me add my opinion on the original topic.

I have a Momo and love it. The eBay wheel seem like a good price but it certainly isn't a real Mazdaspeed wheel.

Probably on the quality level of a Grant. Not bad but not leather. Hope it fits. The seller has too much negative feedback for my liking.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well this hacks me off. I just bought a new leather steering wheel cover for mine that costs $30. I could have got a new wheel for $45. Geez TCB is going to kick me out of the team after this I just know it.

I would love to get rid of my airbag. Just my 2 cents worth. My brother owns a auto mech shop and he tells me they injure more people than they save.

Chassis Designer

as far as airbags go, yeah, they hurt (broken nose, broken jaw in three places), but it put me in the right position to survive rolling a '96 model two and a half times (yeah "and a half", ended up upside-down). some people don't like 'em, but i don't mind so much anymore.
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Back in the day, we didn't wear seat belts. Then the law changed. After that, we were telling people to be careful how they positioned their sunvisors. It will scalp you if pointed in the direction of your forehead when you hit something. Everybody blamed seatbelts. Finally, one day, someone pointed out that this scalping happened before seatbelts, but then your scalped head went on through the windshield and you didn't care about being scalped anymore!
    About 8 years ago, my ex-wife was the passenger in a car wreck where the airbags deployed. She'd thrown up her arms to protect her face. Both wrists were injured and she couldn't work for weeks. On the other hand, when she was 2, she was thrown through the windshield in a similar collision. The man who picked her up from the hood of the car said she looked like bloody hamburger. Her Mom was DOA. Linda still carries the scars.
    Rant over.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I am against any laws that protect me from myself, just my personal opinion but I wont open my political bag of worms.
    99 Miata Black