Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT4 is on the horizon... What are you waiting for?

Default GT4 is on the horizon... What are you waiting for?

OK... I'm a junkie. I haven't read all 130 and growing pages of the "I've got GT4" thread at gtplanet.net, but I've read a bunch of it. It sounds like the folks at PD have done a good thing. A very good thing.

I just browsed through the growing prize car list, and noticed two more things to get excited about...

The '74 Jensen Interceptor - If you know what a Jensen was, you can figure out what's motivating this one... When I was growing up, one of our neighbors had one of these and it made beautiful noises. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

And the '92 Nissan R92CP - the famed GTP dominator. And what's better? We get to drive this car at Circuit de la Sarthe - apparently both with and without the chicane.

I'm sure some of you non-junkies haven't dived knee deep into the screen shots or the videos yet, but I'm going to be a very pale person soon. I'll forget to go pee, or eat or sleep. The twitch muscles in my thumbs will grow in size. I'll start having the mini-nightmares of braking just a hair too late into turn 1 at Grand Valley and feeling the car struggle for grip as it unloads over the bump, careening toward the kitty litter and gaining traction just in time to avert disaster.

So... all you kids need to pick up your broadband adapters and get high speed Internet. It's been confirmed that this thing works through Xlink or whatever you kids call it.

I too am waiting impatiently... so what's the latest release date?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    I too am waiting impatiently... so what's the latest release date?
    Day before yesterday if you can read Japanese...

Probably mid February.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Probably mid February.
    Hmm... I received a gift certificate at Christmas for this game... I wonder if I can hold on to it that long...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Probably mid February.
    Hmm... I received a gift certificate at Christmas for this game... I wonder if I can hold on to it that long...
    Might be tough!

I also see that both the Holden Monaro and the Pontiac GTO are in the game. Hmmm... Oddly, no C6 Vette, though...

Probably mid February.
    Same here... I'll be playing for free, gratis, nada, zilch!!! I'll have to spend some moola on the ol' broadband so I can beat tailchaser from the comfort of my own couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I'll have to spend some moola on the ol' broadband so I can beat tailchaser from the comfort of my own couch.
    That's assuming that decide to include Internet plan... last I heard they were going to leave it out....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I'll have to spend some moola on the ol' broadband so I can beat tailchaser from the comfort of my own couch.
    That's assuming that decide to include Internet plan... last I heard they were going to leave it out....
    Ummm... Dave.... read the part about Xlink in the first post... The folks in Japan are already doing it. "Official" Internet play is out, but we can still simulate a LAN.

Ummm... Dave.... read the part about Xlink in the first post... The folks in Japan are already doing it. "Official" Internet play is out, but we can still simulate a LAN.
    Yikes...

Next thing you're going to tell me is that engineers should start reading the manuals too...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Yikes...

Next thing you're going to tell me is that engineers should start reading the manuals too...
    Only the ones with the cool hats.

There's hope guys...I was watching the Indy/Denver playoff game today and I saw a commercial for Gran Turismo 4!!! Woohoo - I hope that's a good sign! I am also on the waiting list from Santa.

BTW...I also heard that one of the first generation Honda S cars (original versions of the S2000) will be in the game. So if any of you Miata guys think Mazda was the first to make a Japanese roadster you'll finally see the truth!!!

Happy gaming!!!!!!
    Davo

Sebring Silver '02 S2000

FYI, I was in Best Buy this weekend and they had cards for pre-ordering your copy of GT4. It said they'd be in stores on March 16th. Should be available elsewhere sooner...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Will they havean Xbox version this time around?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Will they havean Xbox version this time around?
    Isn't it exclusive to Sony? Perhaps they'll care to share... but I doubt it.

Default GameStop 2/1/04

GameStop is showing a 2/1/04 release. Does anyone know if that's the plan?

Also... I know this is only sorta related, but...

What do you guys think about the idea of building a seat/steering/pedal rig for this? I've been tossing around the idea of throwing one together and sitting it in front of my big screen. Dumb idea?

Chuck

Default Re: GameStop 2/1/04

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    GameStop is showing a 2/1/04 release. Does anyone know if that's the plan?

Also... I know this is only sorta related, but...

What do you guys think about the idea of building a seat/steering/pedal rig for this? I've been tossing around the idea of throwing one together and sitting it in front of my big screen. Dumb idea?

Chuck
    2/22/04 will probably be announced by Sony America shortly since they confirmed 2/25/04 for Europe... AAAAARGH!

We've all thought about building a GT racing seat... There are even about 2 dozen commercial options. It's a sickness.

Default Re: GameStop 2/1/04

We've all thought about building a GT racing seat... There are even about 2 dozen commercial options. It's a sickness.
    So shall I take it that this is not a particularly bad idea? :)

I'm going to start looking for a seat... Anyone have a favorite wheel/pedal controller?

Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast