Thread: DIY camera mount from Clubroadster

Default DIY camera mount from Clubroadster

Saw this on clubroaster (DRFT MX5) and thought some of you guys might be interested, I plan on making one. Total budget is like $10

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

If only I had a harness bar. It would make a camera mount solution that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    If only I had a harness bar. It would make a camera mount solution that much easier.
    You could get that 90* piece and mount it on one of the side bars in the main hoop. Maybe
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well crap, the local hardware store doesnt have threaded 1/2" female plugs, or 8" releasable zip ties. I'll have to drive into Sherman tomorrow to get them.

What is the part list? I am little confused with some of them. blackzx3_13, have you make one and have the part list? Where do you get the releasable zip tie?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    What is the part list? I am little confused with some of them. blackzx3_13, have you make one and have the part list? Where do you get the releasable zip tie?
    Parts List:
    1 1/4" T fitting
    1 1/4" to 1/2" threaded reducer
    threaded 1/2" female plug
    2 hose clamps
    bolts and nuts size 1/4"-20x1/2"--1 bolt and 3 nuts
    8" releasable zip ties

I would try Home Depot or Lowe's. The Foxworth Galbrath in town did not have all of it. I haven't made one yet, but I have to go to Sherman tomorrow anyway so I'm going to grab the things I don't have then and try to get it done tomorrow. The next few days are kind of busy for me so it might be Monday or Tuesday before I get a chance to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Parts List:
    1 1/4" T fitting
    1 1/4" to 1/2" threaded reducer
    threaded 1/2" female plug
    2 hose clamps
    bolts and nuts size 1/4"-20x1/2"--1 bolt and 3 nuts
    8" releasable zip ties

I would try Home Depot or Lowe's. The Foxworth Galbrath in town did not have all of it. I haven't made one yet, but I have to go to Sherman tomorrow anyway so I'm going to grab the things I don't have then and try to get it done tomorrow. The next few days are kind of busy for me so it might be Monday or Tuesday before I get a chance to work on it.
    Thanks! I will try my hand this weekend. Duh! I don't even have a camera! I guess I will start looking for one. Ye all, please let know if there is any TCB camera (preferably wide angle) deal out there!
    Gabriel

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Looks like a find idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67