Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Miatas @ Hallett 09

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Corrected Video of me chasing an LE with a yellow tag. Remember, we are NOT racing. I was in Group 1 not 2, the video is from session 2.

From my MaxQ, my best lap time was 1:42.996 sec. That's only 16 seconds slower than Gary and Thomas.

Still photos to come later.
    Last edited by cone-cerned; 09-23-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Hey gang, had a great time!!!
    thanks for all the help in the pits and the tire plug from Nails and a quick break change and fluid from Rick and William. Thanks guys.

and thanks for the track time Wag and Gary, I managed to get a 1:40.XXX during my second session Friday Happy with that for me, but lost my nerve the rest of the day. Don't know why I only went off the track every session but the last one....lol.

Well looking forward to [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Vern/Desktop/Hallett%20small/jeffman.jpg[/IMG] next year...so anyone know who bent up my front plate?...too weird.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

file:///C:/Users/Vern/Desktop/Hallett%20small/jeffman.jpg fails =D

Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Don't know why I only went off the track every session but the last one....lol........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................
    so anyone know who bent up my front plate?...too weird.
    hhhmmmm, I wonder....

Saw your plate in the hotel lot, too funny. Seems like you still had about 5 inches of splitter left, so you still have some work to do next year.

SA

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    file:///C:/Users/Vern/Desktop/Hallett%20small/jeffman.jpg fails =D
    lulz
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

sorry about that link, Jeff,
    but i sent you an image to your e mail listed here on the site

yep, that piece of the splitter is still hanging on maybe i'll let it reinforce the new one.

Pics are up on Bird's Eye's site: LINKIE If you e-mail him, he will send you a contact sheet with thumbnails of every photo he has of your car. Here's one of TrickyRix holding up progress.

That's TrickyRix, Shanna, CraiginTX, Paul (Torque Wrench), Sharpie, and Black Roadster headed into turn 4.

Can't wait for next year!
    Last edited by CraiginTX; 09-22-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    '96 M-edition

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

My car was acting the fool sat morning, was grate Friday but all day sat it just didn't want to do where i wanted it to. 2 spins and about ~10 offs

i don't see anything on birds eye i want, to much prof of my shitty driving at hallett =X

Hmmm... holding up progress or just showing everyone the line?

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    Here's one of TrickyRix holding up progress.

That's TrickyRix, Shanna, CraiginTX, Paul (Torque Wrench), Sharpie, and Black Roadster headed into turn 4.

Can't wait for next year!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    i don't see anything on birds eye i want, to much prof of my shitty driving at hallett =X
    Join the club. I still feel like I was a better driver 3-years ago than I was last weekend. However, I'm getting comfortable again. Its embarrassing when the car is significantly faster than the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Join the club. I still feel like I was a better driver 3-years ago than I was last weekend. However, I'm getting comfortable again. Its embarrassing when the car is significantly faster than the driver.
    I can identify with that, but I think most of us out there can. I too believe I've been faster in the past, but I was also getting more seat time back then. No spins or offs for me.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

i get a picture cd every year. I haven't looked through it, yet, but clydes images are always super hi-res and large files.

Vern sent me a couple of pics of my car. I'll post them up once I get home. I'll have video of my 1:30.6 lap at some point,too

If I had these on my car, I'd definitely get a picture CD:

or these while on the track:

I had a blast this year!
    Other than having heartburn and a thobbing headache all weekend, everything was great.
    Got my moneys worth out of my brake pads, and discovered the strange sound your caliper pistons make when they won't go out any further. lol

The car ran great and I shaved 3 seconds off my best time last year. And I avoided that demon that was sitting over at turn one.
    With all the rain leading up to Friday afternoon, the track was a little green and did alot of drifting through "the bitch" and that's always fun.

I hope to post some video soon.

Later
    Skirt
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

yes, post vids. I had lots and lots of fun on the second session of Saturday running with Skirt, Michael, and a few others. This cars are so much more fun with double the power. The fun factor quadruples, and there's enough of us at 180-220whp run together.

Nice shots! Zig shoot the second one? The motion blur looks better in the second. How'd that wing turn out? Could you feel the downforce in one from it?
    Last edited by Nails; 09-23-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post

Pimpin it John.

Is removing the rear bumper trendy (Sav's is like that too right)?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

i still see a bumper on there. just looks cut. sav's is completely missing. i imagine it's to keep it from catching air and slowing down the car at high speeds. i'm cutting mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Could you feel the downforce in one from it?
    he said if felt like warm apple pie. I'll let him answer, but year, it works like crazy supposedly. I'm still resisting the top-fuel wing to keep sleeper mode.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast