Thread: Wanted: Seats

Default Wanted: Seats

As I have done a foamectomy on my stock 2004 cloth seats, the seat holds me in but is not that comfortable.

If anyone has any seats or knows where to get some that are semi cheap and semi comfortable / semi grippy please let me know.
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

Have you seen these?

I saw them...but for $400, and not local, it's really not what I'm looking for. If I'm going to spend that much I'd probably get something like Sparcos, etc...
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

You might be able to buy just the foam from the dealership. I did on my 99 Nissan after it got worn down from usage. They sold the foam for just the bottom and just the seat back.

If not, and you're a little adventurous, you could always buy my rx-8 cloth seats for $200. They are in mint condition and have charcoal and black seat fabric. I never got around to fitting them in my car.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    You might be able to buy just the foam from the dealership. I did on my 99 Nissan after it got worn down from usage. They sold the foam for just the bottom and just the seat back.

If not, and you're a little adventurous, you could always buy my rx-8 cloth seats for $200. They are in mint condition and have charcoal and black seat fabric. I never got around to fitting them in my car.
    ^ Any pics? I sat in a friends RX-8 the other day and it seems like the seating position is higher than the miata, don't know about the fitment either, they look kinda big.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr626 View Post
    ^ Any pics? I sat in a friends RX-8 the other day and it seems like the seating position is higher than the miata, don't know about the fitment either, they look kinda big.
    As a matter of fact, I do.

Linkie:

Being 33" tall they'd sit pretty close to the top, don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by bmcreider View Post
    Being 33" tall they'd sit pretty close to the top, don't ya think?
    They are the same height as the ones in my 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata. They do come close to the top, within about 3"

or If ya wanna do a custom bracket weld job I got some Boxster seats I was going to put in my car......they require some persuasion on the trans tunnel like SM seat installs do :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

We have seats at the shop. Give Gary a call.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I think that you shoudl pick up some Sparco Roadsters (fat-guy sized), not like them, and sell them to me for 1/2 price.

i have some tan leather seats FS :)