Thread: Chrysler bows to consumer demand - cuts warranty

Default Chrysler bows to consumer demand - cuts warranty

Cause we all prefer shorter warranties!

Chrysler will drop its lifetime guarantee for its vehicles’ powertrains in favor of a five-year, 100,000-mile warranty. The change will become effective for the 2010 model year.
    Chrysler says the change came about because of market research that said consumers simply didn’t care that much about the lifetime warranty. Customers, according to the automaker, like their guarantees to come for fixed periods of time.
    The new warranty will still cover the replacement or repair of transmission and engine parts, but will also be transferable to a new owner if the car is sold before the warranty expires. Chrysler’s previous lifetime warranty was not transferable in that manner.
    The new warranty will also cover SRT models and the Dodge Viper, neither of which were covered by the lifetime warranty, but will still exclude the Sprinter van and diesel Ram.

I never thought it was a good idea in the first place. Why would I want to buy a one or two year-old Chrysler if the warranty would not transfer? I thought that it would kill resale, but I guess they took care of that with or without a warranty.

For that matter, why would I want to buy a one or two year-old Chrysler? Or any Chrysler? Okay, maybe a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    For that matter, why would I want to buy a one or two year-old Chrysler? Or any Chrysler? Okay, maybe a truck.

Yeah... i was thinking jeep too.... and honestly, there have been some interesting looking dodge vehicles lately, but reliability of dodge/ chrystler is iffy at best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]