Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASA Time Trials

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    . Check out some Spec Miata videos and you will see what I mean
    Spec Pinata is more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    I just think it will be great fun to be able to really "race" with others rather then the hand singal thingy....
    Time trials isn’t quite the same as w2w racing. That said, there is still plenty of opportunity for carnage any time you’ve got a couple of dozen cars on track all running against the clock.

The first rule of taking your car on track: If you can’t afford to push it off a cliff, you don’t really have any business putting it on the track. This is even more true once you move to a competition format like time trials.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Spec Pinata is more like it.
    Hahahahahahaha....so true!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Apples vs. oranges Ben. The only way you're going to "really race" is with a competition license, roll cage, and all the safety gear. There has never been a guarentee of a license after a 2-day driving school, and anyone who hasn't done many HPDE evnets would be a fool to think otherwise, not to mention a danger to everyone. Until then, one will not be able to handle W2W at racing speeds within inches of cars all around you. It looks fun and exciting, and it is, but is not to be taken lightly. Check out some Spec Miata videos and you will see what I mean
    unfortunatly, i've seen, been on track, and instructed driver's that had just gotten their "racing license" from a 2-3 day school, that shouldn't have been placed higher than hpde1 or green group on their first track day. but since they were "licensed" they were in hpde 4 and were doing dangerous moves, and were terrified by the fast cars passing from either side. like i said there's no replacement for experience. i think a few trackdays in hpde 1-2 are needed before a racing school if your a complete newb. (no auto-x or track experience of any kind) just my 2 pennies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12