Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Event #9 - TMS Bus Lot, 11/15/2009

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Exclamation SCCA Event #9 - TMS Bus Lot, 11/15/2009

Last SCCA event of the season. Bus lot FTW!

More info here: http://www.autocross.com/tr/modules/news/

I'll be there. Not sure if I want to play in FSP or ST......

Count me in. BMW at MW in Sat and this on Sun.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm in.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Default Ditch the Spare Tire contest is baaaaack!

The TX Region Ditch the Spare Tire Contest is back for 2010. Always a big hit during the weigh-in portion, we lost a lot of folks during the weigh-out portion in March this year. I'm not sure why fewer people showed up for the results in March, but there was rumor of free funnel cakes somewhere. That probably kept some away....

Let's change that! It's time to get SERIOUS about winning this contest.

In case you missed it in 2009, DtST is a contest like the popular TV show ‘Biggest Loser’ except we won’t send you to camp to lose the weight and you won't get to be on TV. Oh yeah, and you won't have a personal trainer, cook or nutritionist on retainer either. You're smart - you can do all that stuff yourself. So it's just like the show in concept if not precise execution.

Contestants will weigh in with the official DtST scale at the November 15th event at the TMS Bus Lot. Lose as much weight as you can during the off-season. We’ll have a final weigh in at the first event in 2010 to determine the winners.

In addition to being healthier and lighter (read faster!), we’ll award free entries for 2010 events accordingly:

Free Entry into ALL 2010 regular season events
    - Largest percentage weight loss
    - Largest total weight loss (most lbs)

Free Entry into any 5 2010 events

- 2nd Largest percentage weight loss

Free Entry into any 2 2010 events
    - 3rd Largest percentage weight loss

Think of the percentage weight loss like a human PAX index – start with a more capable machine and it’s a little more difficult to stay on top!

Rules:

• Entry is free and open to anyone who wants to participate
    • There must be at least 8 contestants signed up at the November event for us to kick off the contest with 4 awards. If there are less than 8 contestants there will only be 2 awards – 1st and 2nd place for largest percentage weight loss.
    • You can’t win 2 awards - If the winner of the largest percentage loss also has the largest total loss we’ll move to the next person on the list, etc.
    • Anyone caught lining their pockets with wheel weights, rocks or other items of great mass at the November weigh-in will have to do the final weigh-in naked. At the drivers meeting. We actually didn't enforce this rule in 2008 because no one wanted see Eddie Hernandez naked. (He lined his shoes and belt with lead)

Sign up by replying to this thread, shoot me an email or just show up at the November event.

Matt
    Last edited by Solo RX-7; 11-09-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

I will be assisting in the reduction of Odocoileus Virginianus overpopulation this weekend, but I will be at the 11-22 event!
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Default Ditch the spare tire

So honey, want to enter this fun off season contest that the SCCA is sponsoring? All you have to do is get weighed in front of all the competitors, twice.....

but honey, remember less weight is the same as more horsepower

as we get older we need to be

yeah this will be fun to sell.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    So honey, want to enter this fun off season contest that the SCCA is sponsoring? All you have to do is get weighed in front of all the competitors, twice.....

Use your instincts on this one.....if you find yourself wanting to talk with your spouse about something.....perhaps a dinner invitation would be better for a long and happy relationship.....
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Use your instincts on this one.....if you find yourself wanting to talk with your spouse about something.....perhaps a dinner invitation would be better for a long and happy relationship.....
    No shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post

Steve E brings up a good point that we've already considered...

Weights will be kept private at the participants request. Our spreadsheet even has a check box to indicate if it's OK to publish your weight or not. You get to set your own goal as well. It's OK to name names in your goal setting, too - i.e. beat JRJ512, or look like J-Fo by March, etc. (perhaps be as skinny as J-Fo is a better goal)

Steve E and Mrs Steve E don't need to lose weight, unlike some of us (ahem), so they can poke fun at the process all they like. Last year the Hedstrom's lost a lot of weight as a couple, and if I remember correctly they won a couple of the prizes.

The first year we held this contest all the contestants combined shed over 250 lbs. We won't talk about how much came back... that's a different story.

It's a lot of fun and should be used as a healthy motiviational tool. Who doesn't love free autocrosses? Dropping a couple lbs off your race weight is simply a bonus!
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    look like J-Fo by March, etc. (perhaps be as skinny as J-Fo is a better goal)
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

I don't appreciate the SCCA trying to weed out the fat kids with offers of free entry!

My people are offended!

To be PC they should offer a free entry for the most gained over the holidays.

I was planning on going but I don't want to hold up the event :rollseyes:
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

"Steve E and Mrs Steve E don't need to lose weight, unlike some of us (ahem), so they can poke fun at the process all they like."

Kind words but I could certainly drop a good 10lbs over the off season. As far as the missus, well that's her call....

I'm in!
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Picked up an M3?
    You looked lonely.
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Bring it to the BMW event on Saturday.

40% chance of rain, on the bus lot, perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Bring it to the BMW event on Saturday.

40% chance of rain, on the bus lot, perfect.
    LOL. ahhh yes rain on the bus lot...I would but I would be willing to bet we will be getting tires mounted. We plan on doing some BMW events in 2010 though.
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast