Thread: Honda Magna Motorcycle

Default Honda Magna Motorcycle

Ok Rick said I should post this:
    I have a 98 Honda Magna with 13K miles on it. Its a cruiser. Its blue and Black loaded with windscreen, saddlebags, Mustang custom seat, luggage rack and other stuff.
    I don t get to ride it anymore and it needs to find a new home. Its always been garage kept so its pretty clean.
    In case you don t know about the Magna's, it has a 750 V4 that makes about 80 hp. Its quick for its weight class. When the V4s came out in the early 80s they were for a time the fastest production street bike. The later ones like this one are more cruisers than sport bikes so are pretty nice to ride on long rides. This particular one is very comfortable and because it is a V4 is very smooth running.
    I haven t ridden it much in the last year and 1/2. I had the carbs off last winter and did all of the maintenance on it. Cleaned the carbs waxed the frame,oil change, chain maintenance. Hasn t been started but a couple of times since then.
    I hate to let it go but rather than have it sit I d like to see it go to someone that will enjoy it. I am asking 2500 for it and obviously I have much more invested in it. The price is negotiable. Part of this is so I can get a roll bar for the speed. I would entertain interesting trades as well.
    PM or send me an email at [email protected].
    Last edited by Swiftracing; 11-13-2009 at 06:46 AM.
    MSM 04 VR
    Swift DB2 No 87 Black and Blue

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The Honda V4 is a smooooooooooth bike. I had a VFR800 awhile back.

Yep... back in the day my dad had a 750 Sabre - kind of the little brother of the Magna, back when it more of a standard than a cruiser. Smooooooooth and FAAAAAAAAST...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

It is so good looking that I may get a bike license to take it home!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post

That look about right?
    Thats an earlier year model. Mine is black with blue stripes. And it sits lower. But thats the bike. And yes it is smooth. And thank you to Cobalt Fire for posting the picture.
    Last edited by Swiftracing; 11-13-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    MSM 04 VR

yep I remember drooling over the V65 Magna in the 80's, ended up with a 750 LTD Kawi that was crazy fast and would hit around 80 mph in second gear...was an inline 4 tho.

Sweet bike!, good luck with the sale.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    It is so good looking that I may get a bike license to take it home!
    Hey Gab - I'll ride it home for you! And you can't go wrong with the color!!

Looks similar to the bike I hope to have someday. Nails' bike is too big for me to go joy riding...I miss my thumper.

That Custom is the same size as my Springer Cara.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    That Custom is the same size as my Springer Cara.
    It's not about the reality. It's about the illusion.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    It's not about the reality. It's about the illusion.
    Exactly! All I know is that it's easier to ride than your SPRINGER - it may be the same size, but there are a lot of differences...big was just a general term, you should be flattered *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    The Honda V4 is a smooooooooooth bike. I had a VFR800 awhile back.
    And as soon as my (#*$)@#$) shoulder muscles heal...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Nice looking bike, though.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    And as soon as my (#*$)@#$) shoulder muscles heal...
    ...you too will be enjoying the Honda V4 smooooooothnesssssssss......

wow, GREAT price on a Magna. These can go all day long for 3k-3.5k

I had an' 87 Magna that i regret selling

I had and '88 that I miss a lot. The Shaft drive made it super maintenance free and it was the first year for the 750 (previousely 700) because the import tax on anything over 700 CC's to protect the Harley's market share was repealed in early to mid '87. Mine was red with a chin spoiler and I should have never sold it. It was a real beauty. I have not been able to find one in good enough shape since.
    2006 Limited Edition, Ohlin's DFV, Cosworth, Full RS exhaust w/ Q muffler, RP-F1 w/ Direzza Z1 Star Spec 255/40ZR17, Goodwin double hoop roll bar w/ removable rear brace, Mazdaspeed Front bumper cover, AEM AFR, AEM water/methanol injection, (Cosworth built 2.0L w/ all forged internals and head and cams on its way). Permagrin fully intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
    I had and '88 that I miss a lot. The Shaft drive made it super maintenance free and it was the first year for the 750 (previousely 700) because the import tax on anything over 700 CC's to protect the Harley's market share was repealed in early to mid '87. Mine was red with a chin spoiler and I should have never sold it. It was a real beauty. I have not been able to find one in good enough shape since.

Well I know what you mean about finding a clean one. When I bought this one it had less than 3k miles on it and was always garage kept. Which is the way I have kept it. I really hate to let it go but circumstances being what they are. Someone makes me an offer I ll have to consider it.
    Its a great bike. Thank you everyone for all of the comments. See you soon.
    MSM 04 VR