Thread: Big D NYE 2011

Default Big D NYE 2011

Wow what a pile of this show is! I'd rather watch Dick Clark attempt to put a sentence together than to watch Dale Hansen and the Weather weasel and some guys off of a sports radio station all attempting to be funny.

Add some tone deaf singers and spin the wheel of despair at Windstar and give away a shit box Chevy to some lady who can barely speak English.

I bet ya they botch the countdown.....

This makes me proud to call Ft. Worth home!

Happy New Year BTW!

Happy New Year POS and all the gang
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

The wife and I met Driftdevil and his date down there and had a great time. I believe Nails and cArAzzIE were down there to, but we did not run in to them. It was actually a pretty great event for free. Most of the commentary was muted for those there which I am sure helped a lot. The first band (The Brights) was best, and the cover band playing at midnight pretty much sucked, but the fireworks were great and the countdown was pretty cool in person.

I was really shocked by how many people there were. They did not seem ready for the size of the crowd. There were only 4 booths selling alcohol, each with 100 people in line at any given time, and they ran out by 11.

One of these days I might make it down there. I was shocked to hear that they had roughly 40K people down there, and that was BEFORE the hockey game let out. That must've been a friggin' zoo! How did the crowd not riot when they ran out of alcohol???

I didn't get to see much of it on TV because I was elsewhere, but after I got home I couldn't help myself from watching Dick Clark's Stroked Out New Year's Rockin' Eve. If he keeps doing this bit much longer, he's going to wipe out all those "$25,000 Pyramid" memories. That poor son of a bitch...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Yeah we were there. Tried to find NC Eunos and his girl but cell phones didn't work too well. I think the towers were over capacity. Was pretty crowded but fun. I thought it might be cold but there was no wind and in the midst of the crowd you wouldn't feel any wind anyway. Lotta body heat from the pushing, jumping, dancing, and occasional humping.

I actually stayed up until midnight!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I celebrated at noon yesterday. My MC was jrj512 and he missed the countdown. Stayed awake an extra 2 hours last night - all the way to 2300!!!

Today looked pretty much just like yesterday only colder. So much for a new year...
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region