Thread: MSR Focus Day - Monday, 01/31/05

Default MSR Focus Day - Monday, 01/31/05

Well, in another thread a lot of people mentioned interest in some weekday track time at Motorsports Ranch. Here's an opportunity I just found out about.

Apex Driving Academy has some open spots for a "Focus Day" style event on Monday, January 31st. This will be open to all makes and models. Here's the info:

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    I am addicted to the track and want more friends in my support group!

Monday! Monday! Monday!

Time 8:30-at least 5:00pm. You will be late for dinner!

I help run a driving school out at MSR. www.apexdrivingacademy.com website is being updated.

We are running a drivings school Jan 31st. We would like to have 15 people bring out there cars and run. You will be running on the track when the school students are not.

Understand this is an experiment and you will be second to the driving school students.

What you will get:

2 classroom sessions. Same as the formal school students.

2 lead and follow sessions on the track. You will follow a instructor in your car to learn the line of the track.

4-6 20 min track sessions. Depending on time.

This is a great price for track time!!

Cost $125.00

You must pre-pay to take part in this event. Please PM me for payment details. That way I can keep track of the number of folks.

You will need to bring a helmet or rent one for $10. I will need to know which you will be doing.

I will be running more of these in the future. Cost will go up slightly.

Saftey:

1. There is nothing to hit at MSR many of you have been there. Run off areas are soft grassy areas. There are no walls or ditches. There is a pit wall where you enter the track. You would have to be doing something really wrong to hit this.

2. You will only pass on the three straits after signaling.

3. Any unsafe acts. Driver and car will leave the track. I have never had to enforce this.

Your car:
    You need to make sure your tires and brakes are in good working order. Stock equipment is fine for this if you are new to the track. You should change your brake fluid if it has not been done.

PM me if you are interested.

Ask questions in this thread and I will answer them so all can see.

Thanks

John
    [email protected]

Yes we run in the rain.
    I have no affiliation with this organization - I just stumbled across the above post here on Nabisco. Still, if you're jonesin' for some weekday track time, this might be your ticket.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That's a terrible price, considering it is an "experiment" and the amount of track time is unknown, not to mention running with "who knows?" vehicles and driver experience. IF I do "Miatas at the Ranch IV", it will be Miatas only and much more track time for under $100 :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Yeah, I know the price is more than we paid for the MATR Focus Days. Like I said - no affiliation. Just passing on the info I stumbled across.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    IF I do "Miatas at the Ranch IV", it will be Miatas only and much more track time for under $100 :)
    I'd be willing to help if you decide to do "Miatas at the Ranch IV"!

Miatas at the Ranch III was a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    IF I do "Miatas at the Ranch IV", it will be Miatas only and much more track time for under $100 :)
    I'd be willing to help if you decide to do "Miatas at the Ranch IV"!
    Count me in for voluteer duty as well!

Yerp. I'll help out too.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

hey me four

Track time - Yum Yum
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Track time - Yum Yum
    Um... yeah. Too bad the event this thread referenced happened over a week ago. If you guys want to start a new thread begging Mad Merv to do another Miata Focus Day at the Ranch, go right ahead.

Thank you, please drive through.
    Iain