Thread: Miatas in Moab

Default Miatas in Moab

Anyone from DFW interested in doing this event in May? Sounds like a lot of fun.
    INfo is posted on SW/Rocky Mountain Miata forum.

Phil O.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

114 cars representing 30 clubs that we know of, we know there are some people out there that haven't informed us that they will be attending.

Remember there are no registration fee to attend Miatas in Moab. Unlike many other events that want $100+ per person to attend, Miatas in Moab is free. Just show up and have fun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

billccsi is heading up a group from here. They will go from Moab to Sedonna on the way back. They are taking 2 weeks to do the trip. He has 18 cars signed up so far!

I did the first Moab trip, two years ago, with Bill, and it was a fantastic trip. Last year, billccsi did the Sedonna trip, and I missed it. I really want to go this year, but I just bought a money pit, er uh, house. Think I'll stay home and enlarge the shop instead of going to Utah.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Chassis Designer

Yep... we're doing this again.

Two weeks. Departing D/FW on Sunday May 8th to Amarillo, where we'll hook up with Miatas from Austin, Houston, Tulsa, and OKC. On Monday, we'll head up to Durango, CO for 3 nights, then on the 12th in to Moab for "Miatas in Moab: the Sequel".

As Hal said, this was a really fun event. Good roads, and lot's to see and do. A wide variety of events to satisfy the "wine and cheeser's", as well as the "boy racer" in all of us. Jon Etkins and Joi may be going... don't know why I thought of them and this point...

Bill Cardel of Flyin' Miata will be there with his latest "test car" to make everyone drool. He won't be selling anything, just makin' us jealous.

On Sunday, the 15th, some will head back, while most will go on to Sedona, AZ on the 16th. Sedona is a terrific place with plenty of Miata roads. Check out sedona.net for more info about Sedona.

On Friday, we'll head back to TX via some roads that make Deal's Gap look like west Texas.

If you are interested, contact me off list at billccsi @ hotmail.com. Do note that May is the busiest season for both Moab and Sedona, and hotels are booking up FAST. You'll want to book now. You can always cancel later.

Hope to see you you soon...

Bill Preston BTW, I'm Prez of LSMC now. Come check it out. New things happening.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

A two week road trip, which sounds like a lot of fun btw, brings up the question of how you pack a Miata for two people for two weeks? Heck, my wife couldn't pack enough clothes for two days in it!
    OzCop
    MSM

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    A two week road trip, which sounds like a lot of fun btw, brings up the question of how you pack a Miata for two people for two weeks? Heck, my wife couldn't pack enough clothes for two days in it!
    I'll loan you my luggage rack and weather proof suit case. I had plenty of room for my stuff and let Stormy have the entire trunk

billccsi will testify that any store worth it's salt will ship your purchases back to your house. He also taught me that every little town has a laundromat with wash and fold for a reasonable fee, and that shipping all your dirty clothes back home is a great space saver.

Methinks billccsi travels too much.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Chassis Designer

It can be done. Me and the SO have gone for as long as 6 weeks, and that includes carrying two laptops and a printer, along with some business duds.

If you want on the mailing list, you'll be getting lots of useful info on packing, in addition to the tips Hal mentioned.

It's easier than you might think.

Bill
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

I had inquired about it on the Miata list, under SW/Rocky Mountain, and have been getting some email from the gal that organizes the thing. But sure, put me on the list...
    OzCop
    MSM

Chassis Designer

I need your addy. Send it to me off list at ******@***.COM, (NOT case sensitive).

Put "supertrip 2005" in the subject to make sure it doesn't get relegated to the junk mail folder.

Moderator moment by POS : I zapped your e-mail address from your post to save you from the Spam that tends to come from putting your e-mail addy on web pages... registered users can send email to people via the built-in email form. This is to prevent malicious use of the email system by anonymous users. If you are a logged in you can e-mail buy just clicking the
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT