Thread: Discount Tire Direct Black Friday sale

Default Discount Tire Direct Black Friday sale

I got an email for the Discount Tire Direct Black Friday Sale and thought I would pass along the info:

Black Friday $50 Instant Savings When You Buy Online!

Mark your calendars, Black Friday is coming soon! From Wednesday, November 25th through Saturday, November 28th, 2009 we'll be offering $50 instant online savings on sets of four tires or four wheels.

• Purchase four tires or four wheels online, and $50 will be deducted from the total in your cart.
    • Have your tires or wheels shipped directly to your door.

(Can not be combined with any other offers)

Perfect timing. Thanks!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Exclamation

They have a $80 rebate on the RT-615.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/Fa...bateForm09.pdf

If you can get them to price matched the cheapest online price, and combined the $50 and $80 rebate it would be a slick deal..........
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

$50 off is nice, but doesn't come close to the $100 off a set 2 years ago. In Nov. 2007 I paid $136 delivered for a set of Ziek 912's from discounttiredirect.com
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Will they price match as well?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Will they price match as well?
    I don't think so. They offer free shipping, so if you add in the cost of shipping for the other guys, the prices are usually very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I don't think so. They offer free shipping, so if you add in the cost of shipping for the other guys, the prices are usually very close.
    Is there tax? I know they are affiliated with the B&M Discount Tire but I wonder if they operate as a seperate entity.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Is there tax? I know they are affiliated with the B&M Discount Tire but I wonder if they operate as a seperate entity.
    One of their shipping facilities is in Texas, so they do charge tax. IIRC, I did get them to ship me a set from one of the out of state facilities one time and did not get charged taxfor that purchase. It was a phone order because I had some questions... It seems to me that they should have still taxed me, but they didn't. YMMV

Cool, posted to deals.woot to get some mad street cred.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/...ay-25nov-28nov

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Heck their prices are $20 a tire more for the tires I want then tirerack.com or even the brick and mortor stores locally.

Thats messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Heck their prices are $20 a tire more for the tires I want then tirerack.com
    I just compared delivered price of (4) 205-50-15 tires for the 2 different models of Kumhos Ecstas available from both DTD and Tirerack:

Tire | DTD | Tirerack
    AST | 285.78 | 278.66
    XS | 423.34 | 407.16

TireRack is a little cheaper on both, but once you add in the Black Friday sale, DTD is cheaper.
    Last edited by Titus; 11-25-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Did you figure in the free shipping? In the past I have found DTD and Tirerack to be very close in total actual cost.
    Figure in $40-$60 for shipping from TireRack. That doesn't make up the $20/tire difference. Most prices I've checked at discount direct are around $10 more so right in line with the Tirerack prices, but they charge taxes.

Don't forget to check with guys like Joe Specht at TreadZone.com. Just give him a call, he beat the tire rack pricing and shaving prices last time I ordered some Kumhos. Plus I don't even think the Kumhos were listed on his website. Call and ask if you're looking for something in particular.

"never pay retail", this is the way of the TCB
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    "never pay retail", this is the way of the TCB
    It's actually "suckers pay retail", but you're learning grasshopper.

Like I posted before, I like to buy from DTD because the local DT stores will take care of you if you show them your DTD receipt. My son had 2 blow outs (2 different times) on the Ziek 912's for his Civic, and I got replacements mounted for $27 each without having bought the road hazzard warranty. They also will usually fix a flat for free if you stop by their store. It's worth buying from DT or DTD for me.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

It also should be noted that DTD offers some other brands that Tirerack doesn't.

Here are some pretty good shipped prices for 4 Falken tires including Black friday discount and any rebates:
    195-60-14
    • Ziex ZE-512 $188.15
    • Azenis RT-615 $199.08
    • Ziex ZE-912 $205.47

205-50-15
    • Ziex ZE-512 $218.46
    • Ziex ZE-912 $248.77
    • Azenis RT-615 $264.03

For the record, I have made several purchases from both DTD and TireRack, and have been very happy with both. TireRack never seems to have what I am looking for for the Miata, but they always seem to get my OTM purchases.