Thread: anybody have a fender roller?

Default anybody have a fender roller?

I really need one pretty bad. Got the new wheels on and the front and rears are rubbing. I would gladly donate a case of shiner to anyone who let me borrow one for a day or two.

Also, what problems would I face if I removed the front wheel liners? They are mainly what's rubbing up front. I've searched about this on cr.net already. All i came up with is "you gatzta roll that shizz to be mad slammed yo"
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I have one but I need to get it back from Gary.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Miata front fenders are pretty flimsy. I wouldn't use a roller on them. gently use of some vice grips might be a better solution.

I keep forgetting to bring it home Kamil. Call me and I'll put it in my trunk.
    Last edited by black roadster; 12-05-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I tried a roller on the M3. It was too difficult. I did much better with a hammer and patience. Just tap it a little bit at a time.
    M3 is always the answer.

Plasma Baby!!!

seriously, the vice grips and a good hammer are your best bet. Just take it slow.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Heat up the paint too, especially in this cold weather.

I've got a good friend that is going to help me with the roll job. Hes rolled a couple and he's good at it. He rolled his fenders on his 240 and it was a good job. Id rather use the proper tool at least try it on the rears. We have a heat gun as well.

Nexus let me know when you get it, I can come pick it up. This is on my daily driver.

Anyone removed or modified the front liners? Would this kick up too much water and grime? These are only 15x8 +25 so they're not rediculous, just rub on some of the plastic that sticks out a bit on the front as well as a tiny bit of the metal.

Thanks for the responses. Ill be careeful on the front fenders. I'm sure channel locks will do what I need in the front.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Miatamoto and I used Nexus's roller on my car. No problems. Just use a heat gun to keep that paint heated up.

If Nexus Flux doesn't have an issue with it, you can pick it up at TDR or at my house in McKinney or Gary's house in Plano.
    ...and across the line.

Yea that's great if Nexus is cool with it. I will be doing the roll at a friends house in Plano this Friday. I could pick it up at TDR Friday morning, that's close enough to Plano right?

Nexus, depending on how long it takes to do the job I could probably bring it to you in Plano that same day. I'll pick up a case of shiner when I bring it back, unless you have a better preference.

TDR is in Dallas at the edge of Garland. You've been here. About 15 from Plano.
    ...and across the line.

Right. Last time I came out Google maps (on my phone at least) had the address in the wrong location and I can't remember if it was on the north side or south side. They have it now on Turbeville Rd (Chairman Dr) off Plano Rd just south of Forest Ln. I think this is the right location if I remember correctly, right?

I'll be there on Friday around 10am most likely.

BTW, thanks for the help guys, I can always count on someone here coming through in a pinch.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 12-08-2009 at 10:18 AM.

I removed the front fender liners in my NA (RIP). The fenders collected debris behind the tires.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

If you haven't gotten them rolled yet I'd be happy to do it for you, its pretty easy with a roller.

Thanks for all the help and advise guys, got the fenders rolled successfully without incident. The fronts were so flimsy I just removed the liners and bent the screw tabs up, no rubbing.

Ill throw a few pics up here as soon as I get time to take them. I'm impressed with how the cars looking for the first time in quite a while.

Thanks again.

Glad everything went OK
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP