Thread: Im new to Texas where is a reputable Mazda Dealership ?

Default Im new to Texas where is a reputable Mazda Dealership ?

As the topic stated my wife and I are new to Texas, We are looking for a reputable Mazda Dealership to purchase a Mazda 3 for my wife since we will be in the market within the next few weeks to get a new(er) car, And a good place to get some parts for my NA and maybe some repairs done. If I don't feel up to doing repairs my self.

Is there a such thing as an honest car dealer? That being said, I used Eldorado in McKinney.

For parts, most of the guys around here order their parts online.

Rosenthal
    Mazda South, Austin TX
    Or if you can prove you are in a racing organization (SCCA Autocross, etc.)
    http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/

For Repairs, Rogue is the guy that all the guys here trust their cars to.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    Is there a such thing as an honest car dealer? That being said, I used Eldorado in McKinney.

For parts, most of the guys around here order their parts online.

Rosenthal
    Mazda South, Austin TX
    Or if you can prove you are in a racing organization (SCCA Autocross, etc.)
    http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/

For Repairs, Rogue is the guy that all the guys here trust their cars to.
    Thanks for the pointers! I know how dealers run since I have worked at a few over the past decade. I know how shady some can be , But I have worked at one that was excellent to both customers and employee's but it was bought out by a larger dealership that went bankrupt within a months putting me out of a job

For local parts, I've had good luck with Town North Mazda. They'll usually match online prices, and their inventory is decent. If they have to order something in, it only takes a couple of days, if that. Brian Gilliam is the best parts guy to work with up there, in my experience.

For repairs, Rogue and Track Dog Racing are both excellent bets. Outside of that, you can always try pulling together a tech day and provide beer/food in exchange for helping hands...
    Last edited by trickyrix; 12-16-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

There is a dealership in Irving of Hwy 183 at Carl road. Not too far from HEB. They used to be fairly good to me about purchasing parts, but that was a few years back. Things could have changed by now.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

That would be Freeman Mazda, I believe. Maybe some of our West-Siders can throw in their $0.02 on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    There is a dealership in Irving of Hwy 183 at Carl road.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Go talk to Melvin Smith at Hiley Mazda in Hurst, nice guy and he may be able to help with the new car. I'd still shop the heck out of the interweb but that is just me but Melvin is a good place to start.

For miata service go see Stevan Boyd at Miata Solutions he is the best there is in this area.

Thanks for all of the help guys and Gals ? Your all are much more helpful than the Miata owners back in Md . I had no clue Trackdog was located so close for some reason I thought they were in California .
    Between working at 4Wheel Parts which benifits my Wrangler I have another local place to buy toys for the Na. I have a feeling I'll be spending the night on the couch more often then the bed from now on

Well then, consider Gary's shop (TDR) your friendly neighborhood crack den...

Enjoy!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

You live near one of our FAVORITE PLACES!

Some of us LOVE spending our weekends there. Just click 'Calendar' at the top of this page and go to January 17, 2010.

Check out the Autocross Events for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Go talk to Melvin Smith at Hiley Mazda in Hurst, nice guy and he may be able to help with the new car. I'd still shop the heck out of the interweb but that is just me but Melvin is a good place to start.
    I might buy a car from Hiley in Hurst, but I'd take it to Town North in Richardson for service, even if I lived in Bedford. I used to live in NRH, and had nothing but trouble with Hiley Hurst's service department.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

We bought my wife's previous car (Mazda 3) at Town North Mazda. They were easy to deal with and she was able to talk them down several hundred dollars back at a time when the Mazda 3 was VERY hot and nobody was dealing.

Their service dept is decent too...

The only other Mazda dealer I'd buy a car from would be Classic on the south side of Denton.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

This site is making me Love Tx so much more, Penington Field is about a mile away from where I live (BONUS) all of the autox's in Md were a good 25 miles from where I lived. I will have to check out Hiley,Town North, and Classic .
    Thanks for all of the help you guys rock !

Thanks for all of the help with suggesting dealerships My wife and I went to Hiley and the help was great! But we didnt come home with a new car or used one. However my inlaws did buy a car and we bought my mother-inlaws 03 mustang thats been garage kept and dealer maintained with 32,000 miles on it for 4,000 off of them

Great deal on the stang, ain't family great!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Great deal on the stang, ain't family great!
    Families are great ! I'm glad we picked it up cause We needed a newer car for my wife thats reliable and Her parents didn't want to trade in the 'Stang at least its still in the family and they know how anal I am about taking care of cars