Thread: Skip Barber Three Day School!!!

Default Skip Barber Three Day School!!!

I thought I had died and gone to heaven last June when I got to go do a one day class at Laguna Seca, now Santa is sending me and my father-in-law to the three day racing school to get our SCCA licenses!

Now we have to decide where to go... Options are Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Road Atlanta, Sebring (2 mile modified circuit ), and VIR (not sure which course). Where should we go? I loved Laguna, but I think we should try another track just for fun. Where would you want to spend 3 days in an MX5? I'm leaning towards Road Atlanta or VIR...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Of your options I'd pick Laguna, just because that track is on my bucket list. However, you said you've already been there. I know ken o raved about how great Road Atlanta was after Bimmerfest this year, but I don't have any personal experience with any of those tracks.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Laguna was my must drive track too. That's why we did the one day class there :). I'd have zero problems with going back there for three days, but I just don't know if I'll be doing a class like this ever again. I think I'd like to have driven another track just to have done it.

Of the list, I'm least excited about Lime Rock (because it's so short) and Sebring. If Sebring wasn't modified we'd be going there for sure...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Gary and I did the mazdaspeed 3 day race school at Laguna in March. It's definitely better than being there one day. Each day allows you more and more complete track time and the mx5 cup cars are a blast. Based on the other options, i'd say go to Road Atlanta. I have a special place in my heart for that track. Not sure why, but I always end up driving Road Atlanta or Laguna for car setup on Forza 3

Laguna is also on my list of tracks to drive. Road Atlanta is a great track. It has the right mix of speed, technical, and elevation. I would love to drive it again.
    M3 is always the answer.

Apparantly Road America is an option too...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

I would say Laguna is #1 with Road Atlanta close #2. Road America would be cool in something faster, but those straights are long.

I looked into Road America a little more this morning and I think they run a modified circuit that takes out the front straight, the turnaround (turns 1-2 I think), and the long straight on the back (not the long back straight with "the kink" through the woods). It still looks like a good 2.2 mile circuit with those parts cut out.

I spoke with someone at Skip yesterday to find out which VIR course they run and he said he'd have to get back to me on that. However, he did say that Road Atlanta was "killer" and that he'd pick it over VIR... Picking Laguna the first time was a no brainer, but I can't seem to figure this one out... Leaning towards Road Atlanta I think.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

The rush going under the bridge, down the hill, and across the s/f line cannot be described. You must drive it to know.
    M3 is always the answer.