Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incident at the Texas Time Trials event yesterday...

Default Incident at the Texas Time Trials event yesterday...

So yesterday about 5 of us went to mineral wells for a Time Trial event to design a new course. Around 1pm we were all sitting around the campfire and grilling some food...

Out of nowhere a car blew right past us and drove to the back of the site, stopped and did a drag run across the far back length of the course. The driver just got his driver's license and borrowed grandma's car (a new ford focus) to go joyriding with some friends. We instantly sent someone out to talk to them but as soon as they saw us coming they took off to leave. At the entrance to mineral wells there is a bump where the site meets the road. The kids hit this at 40-50mph and spun out. The car ended up sideways but un-phased they sped off to leave.

So 30 minutes or so went by and we hear the sound of a loud exhaust heading up the road. We turned around to see what looked like the focus racing a truck. At the final bend in the road leading to the site the focus had way too much speed. It spun out, hit the dirt, and rolled.

At that point we called 911, grabbed our first air kit and extinguisher and headed over to provide assistance. Luckily none of the kids were hurt at all.

Just.... wow. Parental supervision FTW.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i looked at the photos first and was like WTF who is TTing a fuckus. then i read the story and loled

Driver

hail has been bad to that car

So much for grandma's insurance rates.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    i looked at the photos first and was like WTF who is TTing a fuckus. then i read the story and loled
    It's a ZX4, those are epically fast dude!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

wow... lol. was the fat kid driving?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    hail has been bad to that car
    I think life has been bad to that car.

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Man, now I'm extra-bummed that I got sick and missed this one. That would've been the best wreck of the year (so far) Teenage testosterone FTW!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Did ya tip it back over? Did it start. Drive off? Give the kid a free entry to the next TT?

Poor Grandma, no bingo this Saturday.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    wow... lol. was the fat kid driving?
    I cracked up when I saw the fat kid sitting next to the car...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

had the flu, and still do. WOW i never want to miss an event again!

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Man, now I'm extra-bummed that I got sick and missed this one. That would've been the best wreck of the year (so far) Teenage testosterone FTW!
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

I'd have offered to drive the kid back to Grandma's house so I could watch the ass whupping. Maybe Grandma would have made me some cookies too.
    I am the Cookie Monster, not the macaroni monster.

This reminds me of a grandma story. My grandma lived next to the church she attended. A kid about the same age as me (6) had some chalk and suggested we write on the church sidewalk. Unknown to me, some of the words were BAD. My 55 year old grandma found out about what we did, and was so mad she grabbed me and lifted me completely off the ground with one hand and proceded to give me the whoopin' of my life with the other hand. I never wrote on the sidewalk again!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

So, what did the kid tell the cops when they got there?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    This reminds me of a grandma story. My grandma lived next to the church she attended. A kid about the same age as me (6) had some chalk and suggested we write on the church sidewalk. Unknown to me, some of the words were BAD. My 55 year old grandma found out about what we did, and was so mad she grabbed me and lifted me completely off the ground with one hand and proceded to give me the whoopin' of my life with the other hand. I never wrote on the sidewalk again!
    So the lesson was don't write on sidewalks?

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    So the lesson was don't write on sidewalks?
    no it's that when you do write on a sidewalk, use new age bad words that grandma wont understand do to her age

Hey I want to apologize to all of you. The thread I posted the night of the event was pretty misleading. I didn't realize the extent that people minds would jump to the worst possible scenario. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    So, what did the kid tell the cops when they got there?
    Before the cops got there it was very obvious the kid DIDS NOT want us to call the cops. But that obviously wasn't an option (and we had called them already anyway).

When the cops got there all the kids stood together and the racers grouped up together about 50 feet away so it was hard to hear exactly what was going on. But as the cops walked up:

Cops - "So how fast were you guys driving?"
    Kids - "I don't know maybe 30mph"
    ANGRY BARKING COP - "OK WE'RE GOING TO START OVER AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIE TO ME THIS TIME! HOW FAST WERE YOU GOING?"

The cops talked to the kids for a few minutes and then went to look at the skid marks. At that point one other guy and myself went over to talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    Did ya tip it back over? Did it start. Drive off? Give the kid a free entry to the next TT?
    The whole event took a really long time. At least 3 hours from the rollover to when they all left. So by the time we finally started to give the cops our description of the events it had been maybe 45 minutes. So we wanted to get back to racing. We asked the cops if we were free to go and left.

After we left it seemed like they were all there for at least another two hours. Parents were all called, and a wrecker. I doubt the car drove off, it was leaking oil, and tranny fluid pretty bad. And in picture #8 there is what looks to be a motor mount on the ground.

One other thing was that the wrecker got there when we were leaving but it didn't touch the car for at least another hour. I guess they had to wait for grandma to show up to give permission?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast