Thread: Need Spec Miata Help

Default Need Spec Miata Help

If anyone out there is a Spec Miata racer, I could use a hand ordering parts from Mazdaspeed. I don't have a membership and I'm not going to be getting one until my car is done or I at least have the resources to complete it... but for right now I really need a set of the Mazdaspeed hardtop bolt-on brackets.

My side latches have to go for roll bar clearance and just out of personal preference, and I don't want to buy the aftermarket brackets that cost more and look to be more cheaply made. If someone who has a team support number would be willing to help me order the parts I would throw a little something in on the side to make it worth their while.

OR if they would be interested in my latches I would give them a huge break on my asking price.

Thanks!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Attend (2) Autocross events and get a membership. There's one this Sunday in Bedford!

Read over mazda motorsports policies. If you are in the process of building your spec, you can sign up for the program without racing.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

i called them and explained my situation, they refused to take my order without a team support number. should i call back and try to talk to someone else?

and right now the car is non-competitive; motor is at 230k miles and showing signs of age. i have another motor but no time to swap it out because its pulling daily driver duty and im working 6-7 days a week...

im not really in a hurry to do this just throwing it out there in case someone has the time or knowledge to help me out :)

Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    i called them and explained my situation, they refused to take my order without a team support number. :)
    As Miatamoto mentioned you need to sign up first and get a team support number.

Follow this link - http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/membershipinfo.htm

If you are building your car.

If your race car is currently under construction, the race results requirement will be temporarily waived if you can provide a copy of your racing club membership card (SCCA, NASA, etc.). You will be required to provide a completion date for the first race you plan to compete in. You will need to provide race results from your first event within 30 days after the competition.

You will not be able to purchase parts if you cannot provide all information as in one of the cases above.

as i explained before, my car is a ways off from competition use so i cannot:

a: enter an event or race

or

b: spend money on scca or nasa membership without a suitable car to compete with.

therefore i have no qualifications to sign up with mazdaspeed to be able to purchase their parts. as i will be driving the car daily and then less frequently but still on the street, i would like a set of the hardtop brackets because i am going to be putting a rollbar in that necessitates the removal of the side latches for clearance.

so, is anyone registered with mazdaspeed that can help me purchase these brackets?

I am in NC, so having them shipped to me and then back to TX would not be productive or looked upon well by Mazda Motorsports. If you can not go and compete in street tire autox - thats what I did to get my membership, then perhaps order brackets elsewhere. A good example is http://advanced-autosports.com/PROD1...ccessories.htm - look half way down for HardTop-KIT. Other shops make and sell them too. Mazda's price is nice, but your time is worth something too.

Here is another place that has the brakets.

Also just an FYI on the Mazdaspeed deal:
    Parts Purchase Restrictions
    Only members of the MAZDASPEED MOTORSPORTS DEVELOPMENT Support program may purchase parts through our parts support program. This includes Competition or Stock parts.

Stock Mazda parts must be purchased for your race vehicle only that you are supplying results for. Stock parts may not be purchased for another racer's vehicle, for your normal street-driven Mazda vehicle, or for resale under any circumstances. Members found to be abusing their parts purchasing privileges will be suspended from the program. If you are working on another racer's vehicle, it is suggested that the racer should register with MAZDASPEED MOTORSPORTS DEVELOPMENT and set you up as his ship to address. Parts would then be purchased by that racer.