Thread: Boxers & Boxsters - Harris Hill Road, Saturday, February 27

Default Boxers & Boxsters - Harris Hill Road, Saturday, February 27

I found out about this event from Sondra with the South Central chapter of S2kCA this morning. As I find out more information (like pricing and registration info), I will post it here in this thread.

Come on out and have some fun! Harris Hill Road is a great track! It is a fun momentum track with plenty of elevation changes and blind corners, challenging for everyone from novice to advanced. It’s also a great track for Miatas.

I’ll be out there instructing, and most likely staying at the Courtyard Marriott on 4th Street in downtown Austin Friday and Saturday nights. Come on out and enjoy some fun on the track during the day, and fun on the streets of Austin at night!

Hope to see you at the track!

Boxers and Boxsters, Harris Hill Road, Saturday, February 27!

This track event will be a charity event to benefit Austin Boxer Rescue, an Austin area breed specific dog rescue group that I volunteer a lot of time to. Like most rescues and charities in general, we've taken in a record number of dogs in the last year while facing record lows in donations. ABR is desperately low on funds, so I am donating all of the proceeds from this event to them in hopes that they'll be able to save more dogs.

In addition, Roger Beasley Porsche will also be sponsoring this event, so there will be even more money going to ABR from them. To recognize both of these aspects of the event, we've entitled it "Boxers and Boxsters." ABR will have a few volunteers there with dogs for everyone to meet, and the Porsche dealer will have a few cars there for participants and volunteers to "paw over."

SO... this promises to be a fun day, and hopefully, since it's on the cusp of spring, it won't be stupid cold OR insanely hot. Hope to see you at the track!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i'm in, i think

Registration is open for this event: Registration link

Cost is $170. All proceeds go to benefit the Austin Boxer Rescue.

This should be a great event – see you at the track!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Bump!

23 registerd so far, only two Miatas? You guys are missing out on an awesome track and a great weekend of fun in Austin!

I'm in, hotel booked and ready to go (Im not on the registration sheet because I'll be instructing). I'd love to see some of you down there as well!
    Iain

I spent my play money on car parts and ski trip to Colorado.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Not sure what the vehicle situation will be at that point.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

If I don't have the CEL and suspension noises, I would have considered going. For the $$$$ going to Laguna Seca, I can go to many local track events. I know there is no substitute for the real thing.
    Gabriel

Who said anything about Laguna Seca?
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Bump!

23 registerd so far, only two Miatas? You guys are missing out on an awesome track and a great weekend of fun in Austin!

I'm in, hotel booked and ready to go (Im not on the registration sheet because I'll be instructing). I'd love to see some of you down there as well!
    Well, the H2R Chrono X Test N Tune is a week earlier, and sounds like a cooler event. More track time, drift demos, vendor expo, chance to run both directions, optional dyno runs, etc. Sure the B&B event is for a good cause, but you could always contribute the $20 you save w/ ChronoX towards them or another charity of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Well, the H2R Chrono X Test N Tune is a week earlier, and sounds like a cooler event. More track time, drift demos, vendor expo, chance to run both directions, optional dyno runs, etc. Sure the B&B event is for a good cause, but you could always contribute the $20 you save w/ ChronoX towards them or another charity of your choice.
    Chris, I think Chrono-X is going to be a lot of fun for advanced drivers who already have seat time at HHR. However:

• Chrono-X is a track day, not an HPDE. Zero instruction. Great for advanced drivers or those who are intimately familiar with HHR, not so much for those who aren't.
    • You claim you'll get more track time at Chrono-X. Your post about Chrono-X states five (5) 20-minute sessions. S2KCA events typically have five (5) or six (6) 20-minute sessions. I'm not following your math?
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Chris, I think Chrono-X is going to be a lot of fun for advanced drivers who already have seat time at HHR. However:

• Chrono-X is a track day, not an HPDE. Zero instruction. Great for advanced drivers or those who are intimately familiar with HHR, not so much for those who aren't.
    • You claim you'll get more track time at Chrono-X. Your post about Chrono-X states five (5) 20-minute sessions. S2KCA events typically have five (5) or six (6) 20-minute sessions. I'm not following your math?
    Agreed w/ your first point. Def. not an event for newbies, but it seems like most of the regulars in this forum have a fair amt. of experience.

As far as track time, Eric has admitted they haven't worked out the details. W/ no instructors or beginners to accommodate, it's looking like 3 run groups. The track is booked from 9-6, do the math and it's easy to see that there will be lots of track time for everyone.

I keep hoping it says "Boners in Boxers." I will not attend this event until the title is changed.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Well, so far we've had an even better response to this event than we anticipated, so we're looking for a few additional instructors!!!

If you're a current instructor with Apex, TDE, BMWCCA, NASA, or PCA, have experience at Harris Hill Road, and are available to instruct on Saturday, February 27th, please contact me via PM or at altiain "at" gmail "dot" com. The format will be similar to an Apex event with a dedicated instructor group, so you'll get plenty of track time for your help.

Thanks, and see you at the track!
    Iain