Thread: The "Want it" list (of actually attainable cars)

Default The "Want it" list (of actually attainable cars)

So what is your list of cool cars that you would like to own? I am talking mostly non-exotic types that you might actually have the potential for getting one day....

I'll start:

1.) Pontiac Fiero (for a V8/3800sc swap once i forget how insane it is to do a swap)
    2.) Fiat X1/9
    3.) Honda Civic CRX si
    4.) Porsche Boxter
    5.) MG Midget

If anyone knows of a nice, cheap Fiero....

A cherry 1985 RX-7 GSL-SE.

A 2001 Miata SE w/15,000 miles.

1988 CRX Si.

1990 ZR-1 Vette.

1973 Carrera RS. Oops. You said "attainable."

S.

There is a black X19 on my way home, just sitting, it looks good I always like the look of the x19 too bad it's a Fiat!

Not much on my must have list, a few of my must have cars I've already owned. I looked at a Used Porsche Boxter the other day it was nice, but I hate the fact you can't mess with the engine. Plus I could swear I heard my insurance guy screaming in the distance for me to buy it. He misses my Corvette more than I do, it built him a big house in Colleyville!

I'd actually like to have a low mileage 2000 Miata LS in red with all the goodies I want!

In no particular order, an RX-8, a Lexus IS-300, a 10AE Miata, a Magnum P.I. Ferrari, and the first car I truly fell in love with- a 1984 black convertible Corvette.

Hmm... In no particular order:

A '00-'01 white S2000 with the red interior and an '02+ glass window soft top.

A Black Mica 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege.

A black/red '93 LE (I guess I've got a thing for red leather ).

A Black/Linen Porsche 944S2 (Boxsters just don't do it for me).

A '95 Mazda RX-7 with an LS1 drivetrain.

An unmolested '95 Toyota MR-2 Turbo.

A low-mileage 1989 Mazda RX-7 GTUs.

A restored FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser with a SBC.

A Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata.

A Beck Spyder

A Birkin S3
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    A black/red '93 LE (I guess I've got a thing for red leather )
    OK... that one is on my list too. There is a perfect one that I see in my parking garage at work every now and then. I keep thinking about placing my business card on the window with a note on the back that says "call me first if you ever think of selling this car".

No rhyme or reason to the order -

AE86...

The last body style RX7 with all the goodies...

Audi A8...

Last body style of the BMW 7 Series...

'69 Lincoln (Black on Black... oooohh... suicide doors!)

'68 Charger (my old man had one.... first car I ever drove!)

Ford F-350 4x4 Crew Cab Dually (I know, not a car... but still cool to me!)

And the list could go on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    ...I keep thinking about placing my business card on the window with a note on the back that says "call me first if you ever think of selling this car".
    I actually got two of those on my '88 CRX back in the day. It wasn't anything special as CRXs go, but I guess other people felt the same way I did about it. :)

I love this thread -- attainable cars are cool. Sure we'd all like to have a Ferrari or a Viper or an Elise or an Elise or, did I mention, an Elies... But there are plenty of fun cars we CAN have soon!

I'd have to put the 2nd gen CRX on my list, too, though the 5th gen Civic hatch seems to be the "modern hot rod." That might be fun, too, and its rounded lines inspire a lot of modification imaginations.

I've also always wanted to mess around with a 3rd gen RX7, but since we're talking attainable I'd probably settle for a 2nd gen.

(Kags, I'd love to get a look at your V8 powered ride...)

At the absolute top end, I've been facinated with the early NSXs. They can be had with ~100k in the $25k range, which if I ever got loaded enough would be right there.

Obviously there'd be a Miata on my list if I didn't already have more than my share...

Chuck