Thread: AMB transponders

Default AMB transponders

Anyone got a good place to get AMB transponders? These are needed for all NASA Time Trial and Club Racing cars. I just bought a wired unit from HRPWorld for $382 (link), but I could use 1 if not 2 more for other cars we run at NASA events.

We had a battery powered unit before, but they are such a PITA - you have to make sure they are charged, swapping one from car to car is a pain (because you have to update the online registration for each unit every time its switched between cars/classes. Almost impossible to make happen on the same day), and they cost more than the wired units ($420). The wired unit stays in the car and never runs out of battery power - because its hard-wired.

Everywhere I look it seems like they have a lock on the prices, and they own the racing series timer systems the country over. AMB = monopoly.

Discovery Parts had a group buy. Might still be good. I got one for $334.40 + $7.54 shipping $341.94 total. Ask for Ron Z. 888-748-RACE.
    M3 is always the answer.

Doh! I should have asked here first. I hope we can still get a 2nd one from them.

Thanks!
    Terry Fair @ Vorshlag Motorsports