Thread: Saturn Vue......

Default Saturn Vue......

So, I was driving past Saturn of Mesquite on my way home from the G/F's and saw what appeared to be new '09 Saturn Vue's plastered with $13k stickers. I've been halfway wanting a larger car seeing as I have the miata as a fun car now.

Haven't looked into it much more than perusing stats on Edmunds. They don't look like bad cars in and of themselves.

I owe a little less than $7 k on the lancer, and KBB trade-in lists at about $10k. Hypothetically if I could trade my 25k mile 2008 Lancer that I bought in July of '07 for a '09 Vue for a difference of $3000 + TTL would I be making a stupid mistake? I realize saturn is done for, but as far as maintenance in the next 5 years goes, how bad could it be.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drive one. They suck. Had one for a rental. It was a real shit box.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

More like Saturn EWWW
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

There are no new Saturns, only used ones.

I like my Ion Redline, it's a good solid car and drives great. I would consider a Redline VUE if I was looking for a ute but none of the base model ones. What I really want is a SKY Redine :)

A lot of people don't like Saturn after owning one it's not bad at all. As for buying new IIRC GM said they would still perform warranty work on new cars even after all the Saturn dealers are gone.

If you want to talk to some folks about it check out www.redlineforums.com

One question though is that the Evo or just a regluar ol Lancer??
    Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 03-23-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Plain Lancer ES. No way in hell i'd trade an evo for a vue. As for new/ old.... i am almost certain they are new '09's because of where they were on the lot, but I could be wrong. I may stop in Thursday to poke around. William-- out of curiosity what made it a shit box?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Driver

No when Saturn shuttered any cars left on the lot were "sold" to the dealer and are now used cars.

The Saturn resale market has completely fallen out due to Saturn shuttering. The Vue is based on the Chevy Equinox (badge engineering) so there will still be parts available (the shared parts at least) for quite a while. I honestly didn't think the Equinox was all that bad when we test drove one a few years ago. It had some cool features like the sliding rear seats and such.

It's an SUV, so it's going to drive like one. If you want/need the utility, it doesn't sound like a bad way to go if you don't mind the resale going further down the shitter. As stated above, the VUE is just a rebadged Chevy Equinox, and they're both rebadged Opels. From what I've read about them and seen at car shows, they're nicely appointed and well made. However, I've seen more than one magazine bitch that it's too heavy - killing mileage and acceleration.

What trim level are these things? What powertrains? A nicely-equipped V6/6-speed auto might be a helluva deal for $13K. Check it out further and let us know what you find.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

i don't have any info at all on them just saw as i drove by, and the website shows no inventory period. i may look tomorrow. as for what they are called, they may be classified as used but i bet they have no miles..... i'll update if i get out there to check it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

LOL You are the only young SWM I know that aspires to be a soccer mom.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Chassis Designer

If I can throw in my 2¢ worth, back in 2002 we bought the wife a new Olds Bravada. We knew GM was dropping Olds, but figured the 10 years she usually keeps a car, the crummy re-sale wouldn't matter. Except after 5 years, with hardly any miles on it, she changed her mind. It was a very expensive "experiment". So please be prepared to take a big hit at trade-in time on the Saturn if circumstances change in a few years.

thats a good point shortshift....

and paul, i drive a miata and own a condo complete with a white couch and a male roomate. don't i need a mom van?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    LOL You are the only young SWM I know that aspires to be a soccer mom.
    I drive a minivan...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    William-- out of curiosity what made it a shit box?
    I can't pinpoint anything in particular. It was just completely underwhelming. It just felt, meh. I swapped for a Nissan Rogue. It was an ok vehicle and miles better than the Saturn.

My 2 cents, keep the Lancer, pay it off and drive it till the wheels fall off. Car payments are unnecessary. You're young and single. You don't need a "family" vehicle yet.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    My 2 cents, keep the Lancer, pay it off and drive it till the wheels fall off. Car payments are unnecessary. You're young and single. You don't need a "family" vehicle yet.
    That had been the plan, unfortunantly, and the more I think about it thats the route I will go. The lancer was a poor 'responsible' decision to begin with. Warranty and basic 4 door sedan seemed like a good idea. Had I of bought a 3 year old VW GTI, or protege 5 like I had intended at first I wouldn't of been hamstrung with maintaining a warranty and probably would never of bought the miata.... I would have had something to tinker with in the daily driver. Hindsight is 20/20. Next daily will probably be a used wagon/ hatch/ or small ute, although that probably wont be for another 3-4 years. I have 21 (i think) payments left on the lancer.. counting down, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Driver

The issue with the lancer is that the wheels will likely fall off before the payment stop... It does have a long (5 year) warranty though...

i dunno... knock on wood there haven't been any issues yet....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]