Thread: Holy Cow! $190,000 Skyline on E-Bay

Default Holy Cow! $190,000 Skyline on E-Bay

Wow!

For that kind of money, give me a Ford GT. Or a Ferrari 430. Or a 997 Carrera S, MSM, Ducati 999, and a Chrysler 300C SRT-8..

Yet another member of Crack Smokers Anonymous.

S.

This one, on the other hand, is the saddest looking car I've ever seen, although it appears someone is going to buy it!

I'm partial to the R33 Skylines myself.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That Skyline would own all on the track. Worth every penny to the bastard who can afford it.
    Of all the world's greatest contradictions...'British Engineering' is by far my favorite oxymoron.

I'm skeptical that the Skyline, bad though it is, would "own" the Ford or Ferrari on a track.

The Skyline has 500hp and weighs 3,500 lbs. (7.2 lbs/hp)
    The GT has 550hp and weighs 3,485 lbs. (6.3 lbs/hp)
    The 430 has 483hp and weighs 3,200 lbs. (6.6 lns/hp)

The cars have very similar P/W ratios, and all were tuned to perform well on the track. Even if we assume the Skyline has 600hp (unlikely), that gives it a ratio of 6.0, hardly leagues better than the Ford or Ferrari.

Even more interesting, I'd like to see it run against the new Z06. That sucker has a ratio of 6.26 and is bred for the track. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a Z06, 2005 Boxster S, MSM, 999, and new Grand Cherokee than this Skyline for the same money.

S.