Thread: WTB: Ruger 10/22 Rimfire rifle

Default WTB: Ruger 10/22 Rimfire rifle

I've made my mind up and i've decided to play with rimfire rifles now. So now im in the market for a used Ruger 10/22 rifle. If you have one or can tell me where to get one for around $100 or so, or $150 with a scope let me know. I'd be more interested in one with a synthetic stock, but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm going to be checking pawn shops, small gun shops, and the next gun show, but any advise here would be appreciated as well.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Honestly I think you are going to be hard pressed to find one for that much in decent shape. They typically hold their value very well and even more so now with ammo costs staying so high with ongoing shortages of various calibers.

Only other place I could suggest to check are some of the forums like thehighroad.org (registration required to see for sale section). I've had the best luck with finding good deals there and alot of good people on there.

Yea I've noticed this. I scoured a few pawn shops and gun shops this weekend and noticed a common theme...I can get virtually any other .22lr in the same class for under $110 used, Marlin 60, Rossi, savage, Mossberg 702, etc... The Ruger, even beat up was going for 30% over what they cost new. I was seeing them all for over $250 - $280...and not in exactly good conditition either. Academy has them in basic wood stock for $179 new. Frustrating.

I almost settled for the Marlin 60 or some of the others, but I don't like the idea of a tube fed, or rather I like the idea of 50rd magazine possibility I also like the flush mount rotary mag on the Ruger, the other external mag rifles looked like they could easily get snagged on things.

Oh well, I guess i'll wait till I get paid again and just buy a new one from Academy. In the mean time i'll keep my eyes open and my offer is still open.

My budget could go up to $130 as of right now, over that and I'd rather have a new one.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I bought my 10/22 new about 10 years ago for $180 (stainless w/ synthetic stock) It's an awesome shooting gun, with lots of modifications possible. Good luck on your search.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

10/22s own the long gun 22 category. The design has only had minimal changes over the years and most of those were just because they would tweak some things when tooling wore out.

I got a custom one in trade for some work a while back that the only thing I think that came from Ruger is the magazine. Huge aftermarket of customization since they are so popular.

Good luck in your search. Did you get to look thru the forum I listed at all?
    Last edited by slowchildmiata; 05-24-2010 at 07:43 AM.

^ Yep this is what I've ben reading and why I'm settled on it. My buddy has had one for the last 10 years, and he still has half of the original brick of 22lr he bought with the gun. I think i've put more rounds through it than he has, trying to talk him into selling it, but he won't budge.

I haven't been at a computer much this weekend, but i'm going to register today and check it out. I've read some good articles over there so im familiar with the site.

I'm going to get the ol rolleys from the wife when she sees that I joined another forum...

Lets see, 3 Miata forums, an autocross forum, TxCHLforum, HomeBrew beer forum, ASUS motherboard forum, ProTools audio forum, exotic reptile forum, CZ pistol forum, 2 Bersa forums...and this other gun forum...haha, will the hobbys ever end??

My oldest son lifted mine. Now the young son wants to know when is going to get his. I have the same question!
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    I'm going to get the ol rolleys from the wife when she sees that I joined another forum...
    Just tell her you only signed up so you can buy stuff.