Thread: Moving to the light side

Default Moving to the light side

First Post is to ask a question about a 2007 Sport. Is > 69,000 miles a bad thing? Bankston Ford/Mazda has one for $11,992.

Sammm? jrj512? POSRacing?

May have found what I've been telling all of you in TR.

Have you looked at this one?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Not sure I'm a good source of info I've never had an NC.

Plus they don't really share anything in common with the earlier Mata's except for the name.

I'm sure some of our NC kids will chime in with strengths and weaknesses of the NC series.

More stuff about the Generations NA / NB / NC = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_MX-5
    Last edited by POS Racing; 04-12-2010 at 05:32 PM.

If you're considering 12k for 69k miles you'd be much better off with Miatamotos car at 13k. That's one hell of a deal considering all he has into it.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Have you looked at this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    If you're considering 12k for 69k miles you'd be much better off with Miatamotos car at 13k. That's one hell of a deal considering all he has into it.
    What they said.

If you are looking for a well-prepared AX car, adding the MSR package to a Sport will cost something like $3K. If you were to buy Thomas's car and invest another $3K, then you would have a very well-prepped STR car. I would go with the latter. It is only a matter of time before the NC MSR is over-shadowed in CS, but the NC in STR should be a contender for several years.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'd go for Thomas' car too. It's ready to AX in STR class today!

The stock NC is going to be an 'also ran' in CS. (Kind of like we were this past Sunday in our ES cars!)

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    What they said.

If you are looking for a well-prepared AX car, adding the MSR package to a Sport will cost something like $3K. If you were to buy Thomas's car and invest another $3K, then you would have a very well-prepped STR car. I would go with the latter. It is only a matter of time before the NC MSR is over-shadowed in CS, but the NC in STR should be a contender for several years.
    Actually I think with just a set of 17x9 wheels and some fresh tires I think (btw, I've got a set of those for sale also).

To the OP, PM me and we can probably work something out. Here's a run down on the retail on the mods:

Endura Tech Coilovers - $1300
    Exhaust - $350
    K&N - $50
    Mazdaspeed diff- $1000
    Front swaybar - $200

$2900 worth of mods installed and ready to go.
    Last edited by Miatamoto; 04-12-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub