Thread: Tech inspection for my first Driver's Edge event

Default Tech inspection for my first Driver's Edge event

I'm signed up for my first Driver's Edge event in May at MSR. The information packet I received said I need to get my car inspected by a certified mechanic. Anyone have mechanic they recommend for this?

I have a feeling my car has some issues... some should be easy fixes. According to the checklist I should need new windshield wipers (easy), CV joint boots (I think that's what it is), I doubt that all of hoses are pliable (the air tube that connects at the valve cover snapped like a dried up twig when I swapped my header), and I might have an oil leak somewhere but I need to track it down and verify this... It makes sense that your car should be safe to be on track but I'm not sure I'm going to have time to fix all of these before the event. If that's the case I'll have to take the Mustang to the track...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I ended up going to Cobb Tuning in plano. Got my alignement doen there as well (with me sitting in the car). Alignment was $99 and the tech inspection was $40. I've had too many bad experiences with chanin places like Firestone etc that I didn't want to go to one of them. I probably could have saved $30-40 by going somewhere else but Cobb did a nice job.

Oh, and the miata passed tech :)
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...