Thread: racing beat rear chassis brace or beatrush ppf performance bar?

Default racing beat rear chassis brace or beatrush ppf performance bar?

racing beat rear chassis brace or beatrush ppf performance bar?
    http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda...t/20-1090.html or http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda...t/61-0553.html

which would be my best choice for rigidity, strength, and performance? and would the beatrush brace result in early transmission and differential failure due to excess stress put on the drivetrain from the constant bumps and holes hit during daily driving(i usually avoid bumps and holes but it happens)

and if i did go with the racing beat brace since i typically dont track this car would i need to do any extra trimming for my 99nb?

If you do not have the roll bar already, I would get it first. First of all it is a safety item. You want to keep your pumpkin as along a possible! Also, it adds a lot of rigidity to the rear as a bonus. After I put mine on, I could feel the suspension was actually working rather than the flex of the chassis. Next thing to help with the chassis flex is to upgrade your suspension to keep if off the bump stops. Miata, at least my NB, rides very close the rear bump stops. Mine 99's were totally gone after 145K miles! After I done the GC/Koni combo, I no longer hear the chassis flexing noises when backing into the sloping alley. I also cure the axle hop on wet surface.
    Gabriel

I got the Beatrush PPF Performance Bar a couple weeks ago.
    Although mine is for the NC, I've noticed the rear end tightening up a bit and more traction in a few spots.
    You'll hear a little more gear whine, but I think it sounds cool anyways :)
    Only problem I've had is that the bar sits right under the midpipe and I get a lot of rattles..
    Not a big deal, gonna try some polyurethane exhaust hangars and see if they do the trick..
    Anyways, I'd listen to gabkwong, he gives good advice.
    Roll bar is a good purchase all around..
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

I had a Brainstorm rear chassis brace on one of my '92's. Could only tell a little bit of difference. Installed a Hard Dog roll bar -- huge difference. Not to say that addiing braces here and there is a bad thing, but some of the gains can be minimal. Even if they are cheaper steps, the benefit per dollar is much lower than a roll bar, which is much safer too. It's kind of like the piecemeal gains you can get from intake and exhaust mods vs. forced induction. The little gains are indeed gains, but they don't add up to the single step of the real solution.

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    I had a Brainstorm rear chassis brace on one of my '92's. Could only tell a little bit of difference. Installed a Hard Dog roll bar -- huge difference. Not to say that addiing braces here and there is a bad thing, but some of the gains can be minimal. Even if they are cheaper steps, the benefit per dollar is much lower than a roll bar, which is much safer too. It's kind of like the piecemeal gains you can get from intake and exhaust mods vs. forced induction. The little gains are indeed gains, but they don't add up to the single step of the real solution.
    very true, especially with the NA and NB..
    The NC chassis is a lot stiffer stock than the previous models, so I wouldn't have quite as much to gain considering chassis rigidity.
    Not saying that I'm not gonna get one..

Go ahead and get the roll bar, you know you wanted one anyways...lol
    and nobody mentioned above... it looks friggin awesome!!!
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by imsuchanoob View Post
    and if i did go with the racing beat brace since i typically dont track this car would i need to do any extra trimming for my 99nb?
    "This brace will also fit the 1999-05 Miata chassis with no modifications required." Did you not read your own link or am I missing something?

i already have installed an ace bar myself as the first order of work when i bought the car last year, but thanks for the advice on that.
    Last edited by imsuchanoob; 05-15-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J8635621 View Post
    "This brace will also fit the 1999-05 Miata chassis with no modifications required." Did you not read your own link or am I missing something?
    im probably reading too far into it. it says "this brace is intended for 90-91" but at the end say "it will fit other chassis with minor trimming" thats where i got that from.

so back to question number one. WHICH ONE. it sounds like the PPF is the way to go since it will help box in that center diff and stop the wheel hop which i've been noticing but im waiting on some more feedback. thanks :)

im probably reading too far into it. it says "this brace is intended for 90-91" but at the end say "it will fit other chassis with minor trimming" thats where i got that from.
    It helps a lot on a 90/91, as there was no bracing back there. In '92, Mazda added a stock brace. If you install it on a 92+ car, you are improving the existing bracing, but you are closing a smaller gap. In other words, it provides a huge improvement for a 90-91, but only a small improvement on later cars.

so back to question number one. WHICH ONE. it sounds like the PPF is the way to go since it will help box in that center diff and stop the wheel hop which i've been noticing but im waiting on some more feedback. thanks :)
    Seems to me that this type of bracing should be pretty low on your list. If you really want to improve the stiffness of the chassis, consider some Harddog door bars to augment your rollbar.