Thread: Fabricated Motorsports 2010 Mineral Wells Drifting Schedule

Oil Changer

Default Fabricated Motorsports 2010 Mineral Wells Drifting Schedule

We should go check this out sometime; looks like a good way to get in lots of seat time!

Here is the Mineral Wells 2010 Schedule! This does not include all of the other events we have scheduled this year, this is just the Mineral Wells dates!!!

------

Our Mineral Wells events are a relaxed, high speed place to drift. We normally see entry speeds between 70-105 mph depending on how fast your car is, but it is almost always fast! It costs $50 to drive, and $5 dollars to spectate. Bring a helmet, sunscreen, a working car, and a good attitude. You will see some awesome tandem there most months, with up to 6 + cars stacked up on each other drifting. It is one of my all time favorite places to drive. Spectators can ride along with a helmet.

Season Tickets are available for 240 dollars, which will get you into all 12 MW events in the 2010 calendar year! So get your but off that keyboard and come drifting with us!

Jan 10
    Feb 21
    March 7
    April 10
    May 16 - LONESTARBASH!!!!
    June 13
    July 18
    August 22
    Sept 19
    October 17
    November 7
    Dec 12

http://www.fabricatedmotorsports.com/Index/Index.html
    '06 Sunlight Silver NC Sport w/ Susp. Pkg | Sirius S50 | Cobalt Short Shifter | RoadsterSport II DUALS

I've been to a few of them. Different experience that's for sure and to me a lot of fun. Not to mention a lot of scantily clad drift ladies lol. They were playing kick ass music all day over the PA system, fun times were being had by all.

I'll have to post some pics later on today when I get to my big laptop and get off of this webbook.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Oil Changer

I'm hoping it's a safe and affordable way to get some real seat time instead of standing around all day for four runs.
    '06 Sunlight Silver NC Sport w/ Susp. Pkg | Sirius S50 | Cobalt Short Shifter | RoadsterSport II DUALS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    I'm hoping it's a safe and affordable way to get some real seat time instead of standing around all day for four runs.

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you it's as safe as SCCA type autocross stuff. Helmets for the drivers are optional they mark parts of the course with tires and lots of close quarters driving with the tandem drifting. It's not track style driving. Everyone who goes out there is drifting.

If you are looking for Autocross style driving with no standing around chasing cones then check out www.texastimetrials.com I average 12 to 15 runs a day when I go out there and no chasing cones lol.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Oil Changer

Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    I would not use drifting as a susbtitute for AX, unless you are just wanting to learn how to drift. AX and drifting are two completely different skill sets.

Besides Texas Time Trails, the NTAXS, BMW CCA, and PCA autocross events have at least eight runs per event. You can also try the PCA Time Trials. Check out www.dfwautocross.com for a calendar of events and links.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I would not use drifting as a susbtitute for AX, unless you are just wanting to learn how to drift. AX and drifting are two completely different skill sets.

Besides Texas Time Trails, the NTAXS, BMW CCA, and PCA autocross events have at least eight runs per event. You can also try the PCA Time Trials. Check out www.dfwautocross.com for a calendar of events and links.
    Also I've heard over the pa system that you can get your shirt signed at NTAXS events by Thomas.

Well the "danger factor" is one thing that draws me to watch the events. I'd probably participate if I had an older F body Mustang lol something I wouldn't care about mangling up. I didn't get into motorsports or competitive shooting or riding motorcycles because they are safe activities. The danger factor of all of those is something that draws me to them.

I understand the need to be safe and all but sometimes you can make something so safe to the point it just sucks all the fun out of it.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Oil Changer

I'm sure they wouldn't allow total newbies to try tandem drifting. I know drifting isn't the fastest way around a course but it sure seems like a hell of a lot of fun. After all, that's the whole point right?