Thread: Need some help asap engine won't turn over

Default Need some help asap engine won't turn over

I don't think it's anything with the motor it made no weird noises and the check engine light has never came on ever. I have a huge problem. I need some advice, I was driving my car yesterday and all of a sudden it started sputtering at 2500rpm and would not go higher if I gave it more gas I pulled over to turn the car off and on it started up with no problem but it still would not go higher than 2500rpm it finally shut off and coasted to a parking lot. Now the car will sound like it turns on but the car won't start, I'm not sure why it could be checked the fuses and going to check the fuel filter and pump I was wondering if anyone has had any of the same problems.
    What I did in the past is history, what I do in the future is a mystery- Mike Tyson

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Timing belt? Could have jumped and now broke. Take off the oil fill cap and have someone try to start it. Look toward the front of the valve cover and see if the cam gears are turning.

Could be a timing belt or a crank possition sensor if you have a '99+.

Every car I've worked on, regardless of make, that wouldn't rev over that RPM range needed a new MAF.

You can generally hear when a timing belt breaks - it's a completely different sound when trying to start it.

Make sure the CAS is still tight. If your timing is far-enough off, it could cause some of these symptoms.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

check the coil pack. make sure your getting spark and fuel.... air is kind of a given

Well the belt is fine changed the fuel filter and got it running for like three minutes then died and won't start again. It's not the plugs and wires, not the pump cause I turned the car on while the lines were disconected and the lines have pressure, the battery is good, the starter is fine cause I got it to turn on. Now I'm debating weather it's the Mass air flow sensor, fuel sensor, fuel injectors, or some kind of sensor any ideas or any good mechanic near garland that I can take it to run a diognostic computer to see what could be wrong I can fix it, if I know what's wrong with it. Any ideas?
    What I did in the past is history, what I do in the future is a mystery- Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Could be a timing belt or a crank position sensor if you have a '99+.
    Crank Position Sensor Perhaps

The fine folks at Track Dog Racing (and black roadster ) should be able to help you! Give them a call 214-340-9797

Guys I got it fixed took it to a mechanic and he wanted to charge me an arm and a leg. First off he was telling me my alternator needed to be fixed and that my battery was weak. I decided to go against him and took it home and tried to find the problem.after trouble shooting the entire fuel, and ignition system I found the problem it was a frayed wires that go from the maf to the fuel line it had come out of placeb and the belt was rubbing on it took the wires apart and taped them up next thing you know it comes to life. It felt very good, is there going to be a meet this Wednesday at kellers?

well if a belt is rubbing on those wires you need to put them somewhere where they wont be rubbing on anything

I did I put them behind a Vacuum bracket so they won't move anymore