Thread: Cheap rotors for a Honda Accord?

Default Cheap rotors for a Honda Accord?

My wife's '00 Accord EX needs new front rotors. The local Honda dealer apparently thinks they're made of 24kt gold, so I won't be buying from him.

I was thinking about buying some VatoZone rotors, since the hardest duty this car sees is ferrying four adults to dinner occasionally. Has anyone tried el cheapo rotors from AutoZone? Will I end up regretting this decision six months from now, or should I buy them anyway, have the OEM rotors turned, and save them in case the AutoZone rotors go crappy on me?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Vatozone rotors for the wife's Civic were $13.99 each...

They've made it 2,000 miles so far, which is 1,000 miles farther than any of the 5 sets of Honda rotors placed on the car during it's warranty period did...

I don't think you can go wrong. They also had $22.99 rotors with 3 yr performance warranty...

I had the rotors on the '93 Accord EX turned. I don't know about the newer cars, but the rotors on the '93 are pressed on... I had to find a shop that would turn them on while still on the car.

If you have them turned, contact Danny's Import... I believe they have a location in Fort Worth. They specialize in Hondas. The one is Lewisville is pretty damned good and the price is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I had the rotors on the '93 Accord EX turned. I don't know about the newer cars, but the rotors on the '93 are pressed on... I had to find a shop that would turn them on while still on the car.

If you have them turned, contact Danny's Import... I believe they have a location in Fort Worth. They specialize in Hondas. The one is Lewisville is pretty damned good and the price is always right.
    96' are pressed in too FWIW
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles