Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2010 SCCA SOWDIV #2 July 31-1 at Lone Star Park hosted by Texas Region SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    Congrats to Mrs Steve E for a very nice weekend! She almost made the trophies in the very competitive W class.
    I keep reminding her its only her second full year.... Wish I could have found 1.2 on my last run! Hell, wish I could have found .076....

Hope everyone enjoyed the TX Region Div!!

Curious what everyone thought of the site & course surface??

Would you rather the event was at TMS or Mineral Wells??

There's a lot of discussion in the BOD's about moving the event to Mineral Wells for 2011. More than likely the 3rd weekend in May.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I would rather have it at LSP again over MW and TMS. As long as you prepare the surface, it has great grip and little gravel.

I actually enjoyed LSP a lot. I think TMS is a close second. What is the possibility of getting the infield course one or both days? THAT would be a major draw for attendance, I'll bet.

Regarding LSP: It would be nice to get a port-a-pot or two setup on the far side of grid, since the restrooms are a pretty good hike if you're working or driving. I drank so much water in an effort to avoid getting dehydrated that I needed a few more "breaks" than normal!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    What is the possibility of getting the infield course one or both days? THAT would be a major draw for attendance, I'll bet.
    Huge cost, but it would probably be incredible turnout. We would regian some money by not having to pay to block the street.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I liked LSP. It held up well, and I had virtually no tire wear . . . wait, I also had virtually no seat time.

Seriously, I like the site much better now that I've seen it hold together in the heat. I wonder how it will do on cooler days with out the Berryblower.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I really like the LSP site, the little hills give the course a lot of character and challenges we don't get on other courses and it's about a hour closer to my home than Mineral Wells. For me it's 1st. LSP, a close 2nd Mineral Wells. I am sure I am in the minority that's not a big fan of the Bus Lot (but still glad we have it).

Please arrange cooler weather for next year, May sounds much better than July/Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I am sure I am in the minority that's not a big fan of the Bus Lot (but still glad we have it).
    I'm in that minority too.
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234