Thread: FM Big Brake kit

Default FM Big Brake kit

I purchased a Flyin' Miata Big brake it from MiataMike earlier this June. I finally got around to mounting, and sadly found out it doesn't work with my wheels.

This is one of their earlier kits, but same concept as the one on the FM site for the 1994-02 w/o sport package. The right front caliper has some missing paint about as big is a thumb print IIRC.

It is only the calipers (with mounting hardware) and the rotors, front stainless brake lines, and two sets of front pads with about 50% life. You supply the brake fluid.

$800 FIRM.

interested...Do you think they'll clear 15" TE37s? call/text me at 214 213 one 00 one

sorry, they didn't work with your wheels. Good luck with the sale, its a good price for a great product.
    Blah blah blah!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    bla bla bla my wheels are to small.
    get some better wheels, say a set of 6uls like every one and there mother =P

Quote Originally Posted by giveme5bux View Post
    interested...Do you think they'll clear 15" TE37s? call/text me at 214 213 one 00 one
    i have te37 and they clear the 01+ sport brakes with room the spare so i would think so

From best I can recall there is an issue with 15" wheels and a limitation in the offset that causes a problem. I think +35 is fine +38 to +40 is not going to fit or fit safely.
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    get some better wheels, say a set of 6uls like every one and there mother =P
    True dat.

Right now I have a set of Konigs with generic 185/60/14s (came on car), a set of Slipstreams with 205/40/16 V710s, and OEM 15" with re-11s. My wife/garage space/wallet won't allow for a set of 6uls until I get rid of something. Plus, I can't roll the fenders (stupid SCCA B.S.) so the offset Mike mentioned may screw me.

Pictures and descriptions of the above mentioned tire/wheel combos coming later this week when I'm back in town. I'm out stealing food from the mouth of Mick Jr.

Plus, I can't roll the fenders (stupid SCCA B.S.) so the offset Mike mentioned may screw me.
    don't roll them, just cut them. or stop auto-xing and go to the real race track.

don't roll them, just cut them. or stop auto-xing and go to the real race track.

AutoX makes you do more with less! I'll be doing more track days in the future, but right now it's fun standing around all day in the TX heat for 5 minutes of seat time.

I think any class that allows big brake kits also allow fender rolling, but check to make sure, don't take my word for it.

AutoX makes you do more with less! I'll be doing more track days in the future, but right now it's fun standing around all day in the TX heat for 5 minutes of seat time.
    a different prospective is not always better

Interested. I was actually disappointed to have missed out on these the first go-around.

PM sent.

a different prospective is not always better

Wow; what a picture. You got me on that one.

Wow; what a picture. You got me on that one.

/end thread jack, good luck on sale.

free bump :0)
    Blah blah blah!

Though these were spoke for, but it didn't work out. Still available if anyone is interested...