Thread: window problem, door problem, and query about the front end

Default window problem, door problem, and query about the front end

I've got a couple questions about interchangeability among the various Miatas, and one about the windows, and i do apologize in advance for an unavoidably long post.

---

My first question has a back-story. my passenger side window doesn't seal correctly to the weather stripping at the top of the window, and I've brilliantly (read: I think I'm right) deduced that it's not that the weather seal has shrunken. Now my first question is whether or not the track and motorized window itself is adjustable inside the door, because if it is i can solve this problem straight away.

However, the fact that the door doesn't shut easily; it does the thing that car doors do when the latch on the door itself doesn't line up with the catch on the body of the car, so it halfway latches, creating a need to shut the door harder than I'd like. I attempted to adjust the catch that's mounted on the body in the door frame, and found out that it's bolted into a fixed position. This led me to believe that the whole door was just off-kilter. I later realized that i could see white paint around the door handle on that side (my Miata's factory coat is black), and so I've come to a possible two conclusions: 1) either the door hinges are bent down, causing the window not to seal and the necessity of slamming the door, or 2) the door on my car, while it is from an NA model (mine is a 93), is from either an earlier or later model, and therefore doesn't fit like a door from a '93 would fit.

---

Now for my second question: the query about the front end. Unfortunately it hasn't quite been smooth sailing since i got this wonderful car. First i got careless and forgot to latch the top, so the rear plastic window was shredded when i took off and had to replace that. Then the aftermarket stereo that the person i bought it from started to generate alternator whine (still haven't fixed this problem).

Most unfortunately, 2 days ago when visiting my buddy in Rhome, i tried a different way back home and ran off the road due to an incredibly sharp turn that was unmarked, and hit a tree. Thankfully, the engine, transm, radiator and AC coils, water pump, AC, power steering, and brakes all seem to be working still, so i shouldn't have to replace those. However, there was significant damage to the engine compartment, the front bumper, and the passenger side quarter panel (most likely the suspension too, but that's irrelevant to my point).

Since I've got all this body damage to the front end, my question is this: does anyone know if i can mount the front end bodywork and hood from the NB model (the one without the flip-up lights) on the front end of my NA once i get the frame and body and all ship shape, or if there is some kind of mounting kit i can buy that will adapt to the NA's nose and allow me to mount the NB front end?

---

Any info or advice anyone can give me about these odd situations is greatly appreciated, and sorry again for the long post.
    (>^(>O.o)>

I recommend http://miatasolutions.com/
    (really good at body work)
    Goes by Rogue on this forum.

I'm sure others will chime in throughout the day. Hopefully everything is easily fixable!
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.