Thread: Gauging interest - Houston SCCA National Tour

Default Gauging interest - Houston SCCA National Tour

When: April 1-3, 2005
    Where: Gulf Greyhound Park, Houston, TX

I had a great time down there last year, even if tailchaser and I only finidhed mid-pack. lugnutjon and I have both decided we're going to go this year, and I'm posting to see if anyone else is interested in going along with us. I'd love to see a good Team Cheap Bastard presence.

Houston Region puts on a great show. The courses we ran last year were some of the most entertaining I've ever run, and there is nothing like the competition - and camaraderie - of a National Tour. Seeing some of the best drivers in the country do their thing really forces you to step up your own game.

Anyone interested in joining us this year?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey if anyone is going that would be interested in a co drive let me know. I know my car would be worthless without good rubber considering the class my mods put me in.

Hmm... I might be willing to have a co-driver again this year. Let me think about it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My friend Sean and I might consider it. It's a bit early for us skill-wise, but we don't want to pass up the opportunity to check it out.

Chuck

I'll likely be there co-driving the MR2 again this year.

Wayne and I are going, but will be driving his Civic. (my old black car)
    We are also heading out to El Paso in a couple of weeks to get our asses kicked there as well... :)
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    We are also heading out to El Paso in a couple of weeks to get our asses kicked there as well... :)
    Say HI to my hometown for me!

While you're there, hit Chico's Tacos... it's a local favorite... a dive, but a fav!!

Wayne and I are going, but will be driving his Civic. (my old black car)
    Good luck in El Paso! I assume the Ann & Andy will be there?

At least you don't have to worry about Gerry this year!
    Iain

I may head down there... TBD I guess.

I'll get my royal arse whomped, but it's still fun, and my dad lives two exits north....

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell

While you're there, hit Chico's Tacos... it's a local favorite... a dive, but a fav!!
    You're from EP and you're not going back for this Tour?! you gotta go back! i'm registering and putting Chico's Tacos as my sponsor :)

y'all need to at least head to the Houston Tour. They historically put on an INCREDIBLE event. Great course, great socials, great competition. come play!

dp

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell

You're from EP and you're not going back for this Tour?! you gotta go back! I'm registering and putting Chico's Tacos as my sponsor :)

y'all need to at least head to the Houston Tour. They historically put on an INCREDIBLE event. Great course, great socials, great competition. come play!

dp
    I've done the drive 10 too many times... it's quite the monster. If I was allowed to eat those greasy treats, I would just rather have my mother freeze some and overnight them!

Can anyone sign up??

Id love to go get my arse whooped by the best!! I'll have to see if I can swing it.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

All you have to be is a current SCCA member. Other than that, they'll let anyone in.

Did I mention that the Saturday night banquet for the Houston Tour is held at the dog track? If you can't win with a car maybe you can win on the dogs!
    Iain