Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S2K 2005 Season event #1 - Mineral Wells, 2/19/05!

Default S2K 2005 Season event #1 - Mineral Wells, 2/19/05!

And so another season begins!

Hey guys, it’s almost time to kick off our 2005 autocross season. We’ve put in an order for new cones, tidied up the rules and procedures, and are looking forward to another fun year. For all of you who have not had a chance to try this we will have plenty of instructors on hand.

The important stuff…

What: NTS2KOC's 2005 Championship Autocross
    When: Saturday, February 19, 2005
    Where: Mineral Wells, TX - Click for Map
    Registration: On-line registration is required and will be limited to 55 drivers. Registration opens Friday, February 4th. Click to Register. First-come, first-served.

The details…

A. REGISTRATION:

1. Pre-Registration for NTS2KOC Autocrosses is required and can be accessed on-line at www.dlbracing.com/nts2koc. Registration will be capped at 55 drivers. Drivers who register in the competition class S2000 or S2000 R will not be subject to the cap. On-line registration for each event will commence at 12 AM on the Friday two weeks prior to the event and will subsequently close at 11 PM on the Thursday prior to the event. Registration for the event will generally not be available on site.
    2. The cost for each event is $30. There is a $5 discount for NTS2KOC club membership. A discounted season pass will also be available at the registration desk during the first two events of the season. Club membership forms will be available at the timing tent and the cost for one year is $35.
    3. Licensed minors 16 years and older may participate in the event only with written parental consent. If the parent will not be not on site, confirmation of permission must be made prior to participation by contacting the track events coordinator. Minors under 16 may only ride in a vehicle owned and driven by their parent during fun runs (if conducted).
    4. All persons present at the event must sign a release waiver. Minors (under 1 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian.

B. COMPETITION FORMAT

1. The schedule is as follows:
    6:30am – Course Setup
    7:30-9:30am – Registration & Car Prep/Tech
    9:30am – Driver’s Meeting
    9:45am – Parade Lap
    10:00am – Session Begins
    Noon-1:00pm – Break for Lunch
    1:00pm – Session Begins
    TBD – Fun Runs (Time Permitting)
    Course Teardown – All drivers who complete fun runs are requested to help.

2. The day will be divided into four sessions, drive two and work two, with each driver completing 4 timed runs per session totaling 8 runs per event.
    3. Drivers and passengers must wear seat belts and helmets while on the aut cross course.
    4. Instructors are available. Please request an instructor at the registration desk.
    5. If you are not driving a particular session, you will be working. Work categories include timing/scoring, grid, instructing, and corner working.
    6. An entrant may only compete and earn points in one class per event.
    7. Time penalties:
     1 second per each cone knocked “down and out” of square. This includes directional cones or cones that form a wall or a stop box. There is no maximum number of cone penalties per run.
     A car is disqualified for a given run for a DNF (did not finish) if it leaves the course and does not re-enter the course at the same location where it left. All cars that DNF should continue to follow the course to the finish line.

C. EVENT SCORING SYSTEM & CAR CLASSIFICATION:

1. Every car whose driver completes all required corner work duties is eligible to receive scoring points according to the time standing in the driver’s class. A driver is allowed to receive points in only one class and one position per event. Points will be scored as follows:

Position Points per Class:
    9 points- First place
    6 points- Second place
    4 points- Third place
    3 points- Fourth place
    2 points- Fifth place
    1 point – Sixth place and all other participants in class

2. The club will award points during each of the seven autocross with a final championship trophy being awarded at the end of the season. Awards will be presented at the NTS2KOC December Holiday party. Trophies will be presented to competitors who have attended at least five events in the same class. Only the best five finishes for each driver will count towards the points total. If a driver changes classes during the season, any points accumulated in a given class will remain with that class and cannot be combined with points in any other class. In the event of a position points tie at the end of the year in a particular class, each driver’s best times from all events in which the tying competitors both competed will be added up and the lowest aggregate time will determine the winner of that position.
    3. Cars will be divided into several classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000, S2000 R, Open, and Open R (with the differentiation being R-compound tire choice). Miata and Miata R will also be offered. Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least four of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least five of the events need to meet the quota. All models that do not form a class may compete for the championship in the Open classes.
    Who's up for some cone-dodging?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

1. The schedule is as follows:
    6:30am – Course Setup
    With the new expanded schedule....its still dark at 6:30 am.
    Maybe some glow-in-the-dark cones would help. :)

I am game! Just got my new set of tires.
    Gabriel

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Registration is now open. These events fill-up fast!

http://www.dlbracing.com/nts2koc/dri...x?EventID=1432

I'm the 14th driver...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Looks like the Hollis' will be in attendance. :)

I'm in!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

18th here!!!! yippie a new season already!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

15 Miata Drivers

12 S2000 Drivers

19 "Other" Drivers

Looks like the word has gotten around about how great the NTS2KOC events are!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

So Cheesecake, did you buy new tires for this season? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Iain

David,

The registration is closed! I am sorry that I missed the registration. I really want to come out to play. Please, let me come!

Gab

Hey wait a minute I don't see our favorite rjosey8385 on the entry list for this event! How can that be!

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey wait a minute I don't see our favorite rjosey8385 on the entry list for this event! How can that be!
    Thanks for noticing. If I actually make it in to the Porsche 102 school, that would be 3 weekends in a row that I'd be making the almost-2-hour drive to Mineral Wells...with my husband's truck. I'm quite sure there's a limit to his patience, and since he just bought be a new set of Victoracers, I decided not to press my luck.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    The WX forecast is calling for rain showers on Saturday... mainly in the morning but waning by late afternoon.

Argh...
    Need to borrow my hardtop?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    The WX forecast is calling for rain showers on Saturday... mainly in the morning but waning by late afternoon.

Argh...
    Need to borrow my hardtop?
    You're not coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Thanks for noticing. If I actually make it in to the Porsche 102 school, that would be 3 weekends in a row that I'd be making the almost-2-hour drive to Mineral Wells...with my husband's truck. I'm quite sure there's a limit to his patience, and since he just bought be a new set of Victoracers, I decided not to press my luck.
    We will have a moment of silent laughter for you on Saturday. It just won't be the same without you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast