Thread: 10AE on CL

Default 10AE on CL

Here

(no affiliation)

First of all, thank you wrx74 for posting the link! I am the owner of the 10AE listed, and was registering here after another member suggested I post an ad on this site.

Secondly, since a thread is already started, is there a stipulation in the rules that says I should continue this thread or should I start a new one and let this die?

As for the car and any questions, please feel free to contact me. I don't really want to sell it, but with 4 cars and a 2 driver family, we have a little too much...

Chris

Edited to update craigslist link: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/1858165370.html
    Last edited by bluerex47; 07-23-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Either way - we just want more pictures and details!
    Thanks for looking us up and WELCOME!

To quickly reiterate the CL ad, 76350 miles, asking $8500 obo. I can send contact info through a PM or my information is on CL.

Beyond the CL ad, I have done all the proper maintenance to the car. All of its oil changes were performed with Valvoline Max Life synthetic blend. I am the third owner, but the second owner was a family member, so I've known how the car was taken care of since July 2004. It is all original, and you just have to trust me that the badge/car is #5173....I tried to get a good picture, but it wouldn't come out. When I purchased the car I did have it checked by Mazda and the badge does match the VIN. No check engine light (the pic below was with the key in the on position, so all the dummy lights show).

I originally bought it to autocross, but it never came about...the car was just too nice (plus at 6'4" I barely fit and I already autocross a WRX). It was never a daily driver, just a weekend fun car with a few other occasional trips. Now its time for someone else to enjoy it and take care of it.

Now onto the pictures. If you are interested, I have plenty more to email.

Beautiful. I've always liked the 10AE blue. Good luck with the sale!
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Looks like the 10ae I looked at 3 years ago. Did the car ever reside in Virginia? And do you have the watch that came with it?
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

As far as I know the car was always in southwest Ohio. As for the watch set, the first owner must have kept it....what a shame as I'd love to have it and an original window sticker & brochure.

I also love the 10AE blue....beautiful color with a lot of pearl. I also love the 6 speed! It truly is a great car.

Nice car. Good to see another one without stupid ABS. Good luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    Nice car. Good to see another one without stupid ABS. Good luck with the sale!
    Yep...no ABS. Thanks for the good words!

Considering it was in the north for almost half its life, how does the underbody look on it?

Quote Originally Posted by karter74 View Post
    Considering it was in the north for almost half its life, how does the underbody look on it?
    It actually doesn't look bad. The only rust I see is on some of the exhaust bolts. I don't see any rust on the undercarriage, suspension pieces, exhaust, etc. The body is rust free for that matter, too. All of this makes me a happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by cArAzzIE View Post
    Eh, they are okay.
    Agreed! The wife and I just took it out to Dairy Queen and back. It was wonderful to ride around with the top down.

I lowered the price to $8250 to try to help sell.

Lowered again to $7950. Clean carfax (dealer told me while checking the car when I purchased). The price is well under KBB and NADA.

I'm open to offers as well.