Thread: WTB NA black interior - any and all parts for tan-to-black conversion

Default WTB NA black interior - any and all parts for tan-to-black conversion

I just bought a nice black-n-tan '92. I want to swap the tan interior out to an all black interior - so, I need everything. I'm willing to piece it together, so if you only have one or two parts, let me know. I'm keeping the dash NA6, so no '94+ dashes, but I could use later door panels, seats or carpet.

List of stuff needed:

Carpet for floor, handbrake, bulkhead and package shelf
    Seatbelts and receivers
    Cloth seats, foamectomy is OK
    Dashboard, glove box, knee panel
    Instrument hood (heard that tan dashes used a different hood?) and center console radio bezel (mine is damaged)
    Door panels, speaker panels and armrests. I have a pair of '94 armrests if the panels are available
    B-pillar plastics
    Footwell plastics
    Black leather steering wheel
    Black hand-brake cover and handle
    Standard shift knob

All of my tan interior will be available either as trade, or after I get the conversion completed. The driver's seat is split and dry, the floormats are faded and stained, the dash has tonneau cover snaps on it (along with the mirror snaps) and the wooden Nardi shift knob is heavily worn, but everything else is in very-good to great shape.

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

I believe I have the parcel shelf and behind the seat carpet, possibly a set of floormats as well. I'd have to doublecheck the garage to be sure but if you come get them you're welcome to them.
    Michael
    1990 Classic Red "C" Package with Hardtop.
    1990 White project from Heck!

I am full of good ideas, just most people don't call it good ideas!

You may want to talk to 'trickyrx' on this. He did the color conversion by painting some of his tan pieces. He has a nice looking triple black NA.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    You may want to talk to 'trickyrx' on this. He did the color conversion by painting some of his tan pieces. He has a nice looking triple black NA.
    I thought about paint and dye, but it just doesn't look exactly right. IIRC, Trickyrx said that if he were to keep his car, he'd track down and install the OEM black components.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Red View Post
    I believe I have the parcel shelf and behind the seat carpet, possibly a set of floormats as well. I'd have to doublecheck the garage to be sure but if you come get them you're welcome to them.
    Ted, let me know. I'm in the Casa Linda area, but will drive for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    I thought about paint and dye, but it just doesn't look exactly right. IIRC, Trickyrx said that if he were to keep his car, he'd track down and install the OEM black components.
    Yes and no. I painted the door cards and some of the hard plastic bits on the seats, using DupliColor satin/matte vinyl paint. The door panels turned out pretty nice and have held up quite well. However, the hard plastic bits started to chip almost immediately. Ideally, I'd like to find a set of black door cards along with the hard plastic trim on the seats.

I'll have to double-check, but I think I've still got the handbrake handle/cover along with a shift knob and some floor mats. If it's not in my garage it may be in storage or at my folks' house. I'm slammed this weekend so I may not find the stuff till next week. I'll PM you when I round up what I've got.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-10-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds