Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not quite TCB kitchen upgrade

light color and heat were some of our concerns. our other concern is that the overhang is only about 3". Did those lights sit behind your overhang, or are they visible?

Driver

they are visible, but our overhang is 1".

Reviving from the dead, but I have them scheduled to come out Thursday afternoon to install my counters in the new house... Speaking spanish would have helped tons, but otherwise everything has worked out ok so far....

I qualified for "free" Demo, but decided to do it myself ahead of time seeing as they only removed one row of tiles and the countertops with the demo, and i wanted to get it all done. As you can see in the pics one of the cabinets came down too. It fell on my buddy when we were busting out the old backsplash. It was hung with 2 screws that missed the studs and were only into drywall. The cabinet was in fact just resting on the top row of tiles, and held in place from falling forward by the two screws floating in the drywall. Thankfully, the cabinet was empty and Mark wasn't hurt badly when the cabinet fell on him.....

Many thanks for answering all my PM's about your remodel, it really helped!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All turned out well, but their customer service could do with some work.

I was supposed to be the 2nd install of the day somewhere around noon. Called at 11:30 to confirm, was told the person I had dealt with would call me right back. I called back at 1:30, they'd be there soon.... same story when I called at 3, and they would be there within the hour when I called at 4. They finally turned up at 5:30. Kinda chatted with the instal guys and I was job number three of the day... grrr.... Anyways, they had the counters installed in under an hour and a half and made very little mess while doing so. We didn't go with the least expensive granite they offered, we actually like a $35 a sqf Black Pearl which I got them down to $30 a sqf on. So, for 47 sqf with a new 8" deep sink ($200) installed ($200) and the option of free demo the total with tax was $1785. That came in well under any other quote I found through anyone else. Overall they were worth it.... I'm laying the backsplash tomorrow, hoping to get this all done soon!

Sorry, no pics of the stove side of the kitchen.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12