Thread: TCB for tires - think again

Default TCB for tires - think again

I am normally a TCB guy for street tires. I ran the NT450 (The Worst Fnnn tire in the world) down to the belts in the rear. See donuts near house for confirmation. So I finally ponied up to Discount Tire to get my Parada Spec IIs installed on the back. Whooow! I had forgotten that the Miata could drive strait. No more squirling around and fearing the morning dew was going to slide me off the road. So the moral of the story is that driving on the tire's carcuss might not be the best TCB thing to do.

Never again!
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Parada Spec II's look interesting - as do the Falken GRB-FK451's for those of us on 16" rims...

Let us know how they wear, etc. I'm hoping they stay relatively quieter during their useful life than the ES100's.

I'm running some TCB Hankook K106's at the moment, and at 1,000 miles, I'm pretty impressed. They have great turn-in, good feel and great ride quality at 32 psi. At 28 psi, turn-in gets a bit mushy, but ride quality becomes outstanding. And at <$270 with tax, mount and balance for 16" tires...