Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ER Challenge Cup Event #2, March 28th!

Default ER Challenge Cup Event #2, March 28th!

http://autocross.com/er/

Just around the corner we have ER #2 at lovely Mineral Wells! If you haven't run an ER event these guys put on a good show (no matter what Altiain says. ). Plus if you opt for PAX you get 6 runs! Not just 3, but 6 runs! (ooohhh.... aahhh.... )

We can meet up at our normal McD's and caravan up to Mineral Wells!

So who's going!

I'll be cleaning up my car to put on ebay
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

I'm in "tire conservation mode" for the Tour (unless one of you fine gentlemen want to donate to the Team Cheap Bastard cause) so I won't be there.

Besides, I've still got all of the homework I put off over Spring Break to catch up on...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll be there, fighting for last place in CS. And I'm definitely up for meeting at McDonalds... but I'd prefer to meet at the McDonalds in Mineral Wells at about 7:30am. That gives you plenty of time to prep you car and walk the course... without missing the Driver's Meeting.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I'm definitely up for meeting at McDonalds... but I'd prefer to meet at the McDonalds in Mineral Wells at about 7:30am. That gives you plenty of time to prep you car and walk the course... without missing the Driver's Meeting.
    I can live with that, but if we have any new folks who have never been out to Mineral wells let me know and we can meet up in route, and head for the McD's in Mineral Wells!

I'll be there since I'm prepaid and all... Probably going to run TCS this time around. altiain, you are welcome to come out and cord the Azeniseseses...

I'm not sure I understand the difference between meetingt at McD's at exit 418 at 7:00 and McD's in M Wells at 7:30... I prefer the McD's at 418 by far, and you don't have to drive past the event to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I'll be there since I'm prepaid and all... Probably going to run TCS this time around. altiain, you are welcome to come out and cord the Azeniseseses...
    Thanks for the offer, tailchaser, but if I want to continue to do well this semester then I need to get nose deep in the books this weekend...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Thanks for the offer, tailchaser, but if I want to continue to do well this semester then I need to get nose deep in the books this weekend...
    It's easy to be generous when you know your offer will be turned down...

It's easy to be generous when you know your offer will be turned down...
    I don't care who ya are that's just funny!

I'm not sure I understand the difference between meetingt at McD's at exit 418 at 7:00 and McD's in M Wells at 7:30... I prefer the McD's at 418 by far, and you don't have to drive past the event to get there.
    It's just a matter of how long after eating you want to get to the site. Meeting at 418 at 7:00a (which is when they open) gets you to the site probably around 8:30a or so -- remember, once we finish meeting, greeting, and eating, you still have a 35 - 45 minute drive to get to the event.

Meeting at the McD's in Mineral Wells at 7:30am means you'd get to the site at about 8:15am, and it's only about 5 minutes drive from that McDs to the AirPark. In the end, it's about the same, but being closer to the site earlier in the day feels like it gives me a better chance to get there early enough.

And as for driving past the turn in for the AirPark, it's gotta be less than a mile up the road. Adds what... 2 miles to the total trip? I thought you were trying to cord some tires anyway. :P
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

well, I was planning to go, but methinks the spinning triangle gods are out to get me...

Not 100% yet, but I suspect my toy car went "pop"
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Chassis Designer

I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    well, I was planning to go, but methinks the spinning triangle gods are out to get me...

OH NO!!!!

Ummm... How much you want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Say it isn't so ?

its' either that or I've got some severe issues with the ignition system mis-firing underload..

Good thing I went and got another mode of transportation last night.. (can you say tow vehicle?) The 7 will probably just hang out peacefully for a bit whiel I play with the miata (if it ever gets here!)

Have fun this weekend guys!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

http://forum.miata.net/ubb/ultimateb...c;f=4;t=003393

Looks like we may have some visitors!

Getting in a little extra practice before the tour, I suppose... Wonder what kind of shocks Chris has... Hopefully the surface at the Wells will completely befuddle him.

I'll be there. I changed out the spark plugs and put in new NGK wires. It seems to run a little better. Can't wait to get the major tune up down! It is 52K already. I am sure the last owner is not as anal in maintaining the car.

Gab
    Gabriel

What time can we honestly say the whole event would be wrapped up at? I know ER's website states 4 or 5 pm... but I have to be in downtown Dallas by 5pm. So is it more wishful thinking on my part?

That might be wishful thinking. However, you can certainly go, let the registration people know you need to leave early, and see if you can get your wokr and run assignments placed in the earlier heats - I assume ER is still running the old run/work format (which would allow this), but I don't know, since I haven't been out to any of their events this year.
    Iain

Damn.

That's it... I'm setting up a slalom in the parking lot at work.

Gotta get my seat time somehow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast